collecting items

well guys, I can see from the hobby thread that you are just as mad as me on the collecting front,

so lets have it....what do you collect then? I'd love to know.

me? any Booths British Scenery (it has cows on it)

I used to collect cows proper ones not jokey faced ones but I've no room now for them.

I still buy stuff even though I've nowhere to put it...I'm such a magpie

Photobucket

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Re: collecting items

I saw him today Stroppy Cow, when I was out.  Not sure I like him, maybe a bit too green-with-a-yellow-head-y

for me, they are usually head and body the same colour.  I've got Pinky Mo and two others but I can't remember

their names - they are packed away in their boxes at the moment as the shelf collapsed in the cabinet.  Fortunatelyonly one Swarovski animal broke - a giraffe.  I was lucky, they could have all so easily broken.

Message 21 of 27
See Most Recent

I thought the dreaded football was not allowed stroppy Woman Tongue  He's pretty.

How are you doing Stroppy - are you at home or in the hospital ? (bleurgh)  My important numbers have gone  up by 2 points so I am trying desperstely hard here not to be hysterical, I'll know Monday about this month's.  Hopefully it's a blip and not a trend please God.

If I am allowed to have wall art as a collection - then that is me - I love wall art and have lots - I have a travel wall of all the places we have been - needs some new additions if I can get back on my feet Woman Very Happy  Be exciting choosing somewhere.

Stroppy - can I ask you with your computer head on - I cannot upload a photo - it says I am allowed 1mb and all my photos are more than that. I want to put some items up for sale and cannot loads them.  Can u help me?  Sorry I am a technical eejit.  Thanking you in advance and I hope you are feeling better, think I last checked in about a week ago heart

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 22 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi Rainy.

I am at home, was at hossie earlier and he washed out "the hole" and re-dressed it, then let me go home. He insists that I go home in an ambulance, but provided I can go home I'll put up with the transport.

Now the easiest way to make a photo smaller is to find a program called Paint. It is supplied with every version of Windows, so should be on your poot somewhere, usually in "Accessories". There are loads of photo editing programs, but they mostly work differently (or not at all) on different versions of windows - Paint is simple, basic and works the same in all versions of Windows.

Open up paint.

Click on file in the top left hand corner - that should give you a drop down menu

Click on open and select the picture that you want to alter.

There is a section of the bar at the top called Images, in there there is a dotted box called select. If you have a lot of spare backgrouond click on select, then use the cursor to draw a box round the part of the picture that you want - you can then click on Crop. That in itself might be enough to make your picture small enough.

Use save as (click on file to get the drop down menu) and save the cropped picture with a different name - save it in .jpg format.

Close paint, right click on the cropped picture to see if the file size is now small enough.

If it isn't, open up Paint again, and open the cropped picture.

Click on re-size and a box will open, click on percentage, delete one of the 100 figures (doesn't matter which). Type 80 in to one of the boxes and your picture will shrink.

Use the "save as" to give it a different name and close paint.

If it still isn't small enough you can re-size it again.

The swarovski "soccer mo" isn't one I like, and won't be part of my collection, but it was a nice clear picture that shows the "mo" shape well.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 23 of 27
See Most Recent

003.JPGjust a very small part of my collection. I have loads of moo's too but I can't find the piccies!!!!

Photobucket

Message 24 of 27
See Most Recent

hang on  I've found it.....

Kitchen Dresser.JPG

from the look of it, OH collects batteries hahahaha!!!

Photobucket

Message 25 of 27
See Most Recent

b*ms...that's the wrong piccie....

Photobucket

Message 26 of 27
See Most Recent

Motorbikes, records, and valve radios are my downfall!

Message 27 of 27
See Most Recent