christmas lights

do you bother to put them up outside?

we have, and they do cheer the place up. We also got some of those lazer lights this year that throw green and red spots onto the house, they're brilliant!

Across the road from us had them too, they bought reindeer this year, they look real cute. another neighbour has them in a tree and we have some in a tree between us and next door. We look lovely down this end of the road I must say.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

christmas lights

We don't bother with lights outside.  We are going to put our deccies up tomorrow.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

In my street most people put up outside lights (white or blue).  Does look lovely and the kids love it.

I've not put mine up yet - the weather at the weekend was too bad

Photobucket
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

The house across the road from us looks like Blackpool Illuminations, there are that many lights.  I don't think they've finished yet either.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

I put  two little solar strings of lights on two holly trees in pots, either side of the front door and a long rope light that goes right across the cartlodge and foodstore.

The house opposite has all singing and dancing lights all over their house.  I took a video but I don't know how to put them on here.

I think they jolly the place up and make it more festive.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

Put lights up outside a couple of years ago the wind blew them off and the ended up wound around the car. So not here.
Our decs will be going up on Sunday hopefully, our new cooker and hob are coming on Saturday sometime so it wont get done then.
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

We don't do outside lightsd, but I like to see other people's as I take my dog out for his evening walk.  I am quite tempted to get one of those pink or blue outdoor trees!

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

I'm not putting any decorations up at all this year, last Christmas was such a horrible time that I'm not looking forward to it this year - just a time to bring back bad memories. We are going out for lunch on the day itself, and will then just try to ignore the whole thing. Years ago when the children were small I used to decorate inside and out but where we live now is so windy that outside decorations would get wrecked if I put any out. For those that are lighting up their houses - good for you, enjoy them, the local children will love them!

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

we've used cable ties to fasten the lights on the tree outside. I have lights on the korean fir in the big big pot but I fasten them and the tinsel on with pegs!!!

next door to me has joined in now, there's a massive penguin sitting on her bench outside hahahaha it's wicked!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

The neighbours across the road from us have a house that's lit up like Blackpool illuminations and I don't think they've finished yet.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

leave the curtains open Chris you will be able to read a book without putting the lights on..lol!!

our lights are playing bonkers now...they keep flashing and we can't get them to stop. the outside ones that is...the neighbour must be fed up of them flashing.

Photobucket

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

You have a point there CB.  I wonder if I could see to do my knitting?  Must admit though they haven't put any more up - yet.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

Bit behind like the cows tail here still not put mine up yet.
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

christmas lights

Our deccies are up.  We've got a few pressies to wrap for the girls.  We'll be seeing them next Wednesday.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent