Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What a difference.....

There's a song called "What a difference a day makes". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI Bits of it are currently being used in an advert. With that in mind, what a difference a few years make? Some years back all the boards were buzzing on...

User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos

Another word gone forever?

My pet hate is the corruption of the English language but equally annoying is where words seem to change. "Forever" is a classic example. There are instances in English grammar where the use of the word should be broken as in the case of the prayer e...

Dads Funeral

My dad sadly passed a few weeks ago and it was his funeral on FridayHe had been a keen motorcyclist most of his life, and this was how he travelled to the cemeteryThis was his choice

The EU for beginners

For anybody who doesn’t fully understand the EU situation,it is explained very simply below........ Pythagoras' theorem - 24 words.Lord's Prayer - 66 words.Archimedes' Principle - 67 words.10 Commandments - 179 words.Gettysburg address - 286 words.US...

Leather Corner Suite - DFS v SCS ?

Hope to have some helpful input regarding two Leather Corner Suites we have seen and liked. One was from DFS and the other SCS. Have any of you purchased a suite from either of these Stores, and were you pleased with the purchase over a period of tim...

Some book!

Browsing through a book site I came across a company offering The Great Controversy for a knock down price, of, including free postage, just £5463.02!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how many he sold! The going price is around £10.00 I wonder if anybody's let him...

Better luck next time?

While the basis of the Christian faith is eternal life, the Hindu religion has other ideas. Apart from worshiping more than one daity, they also happen to believe in reincarnation, that every creature comes back as something else, each time gaining a...

Washing my trainers in a washing machine

Hi, I bought a pair of Reebok trainers, which turned out to be too big. Can I wash them in a washing machine in hope that they will shrink after wash? I know that Nike trainers can be washed. What temperature will be best?Please note that I'm not aft...

" Good for the soul..."

I laughed when I read a letter in a newspaper some time back, It was from a man who'd been in a serious car smash. During brief bouts of consciousness as he was been wheeled out of surgery the orderlies stopped one of the nurses and asked "Will he di...

were you fooled?

april 1st the one day you can't believe what you hear or read(well more than usual)up in shetland our local paper had there's gold in those hills all about how council was going to mine for gold on top of the biggest hill on Shetland saying in glasgo...

World's most dangerous joke?

I was with a group of mates in a pub and we all started telling jokes. All went well until I came out with: "Tyneside has a new National Anthem.""Oh, what's that?" Somebody asked. with a smile because he'd heard it before, to which I immediately rang...

Jarrow march - How far did £1.00 go?

Everybody knows about the Jarrow march. Although he could well have turned it to his advantage on point scoring to come across as a caring Prime Minister, the PM refused to see any of the marchers. However, for all their efforts, each returned by tra...

All action extra!

I've always wanted to be a " noddy" - a film extra, where you see a couple of characters in the background of a pub scene, mumbling away saying nothing in particular, or part of a crowd, gawping at an "accident". A couple of cousins have actually bee...

Camera review?

I'm on the lookout for a digital camera. There appear to be as many cameras out there as there are bicycles. I once stumbled on a site giving unbias opinions/reviews on newly purchased cameras but can't find it. If I type in the camera I am after I g...

Ronnie Corbett gone.

He had a fair run for his money, I suppose. Saw him many years ago at the Hilton in Park Lane where he appeared as a special guest in our firm's dinner and dance. He was better as the other half of The Two Ronnies rather than on his own. He was alrig...

Easter message......

just popping in now as I may not be around for a couple of days. Just to wish you all a Happy Easter. Have a good rest, eat some chocklit, and be thankful for all you have and each other. moo's for noo CaptainB xxx

Easter and Good Friday

As Jesus was being led away on Good Friday he spots Peter shamefaced in thr masses"Peter!" He calls out. "Come to me!""I hear you, Master! I am coming!" He battles his way past all the Centurians and falls down at his Master's feet, sobbing uncontrol...

Happy Anniversary on the 25th CB,

I hope you and J have managed to get the day off together and have a lovely day in each others company.Best wishes to you both for the upcoming day from J, J and Benny and we hope you have many many more of them. We are doing things a bit early becau...

Talk about a monopoly! Straight GREED!

Putting up a couple of paperback comic annuals, one being a tenth annual in vgc. Not my scene, so I typed in the details and pressed search to get some idea of their worth. All round the same price except one company which was selling theirs about 40...

Register your car to recycle waste

I've just seen this posted on my f/b. Has this been rolled out over the country or is it just in Nottinghamshire? Comments have already been left about the increase in fly- tipping.http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/recycling-centr...

New postal increases

As you probably know postal increases come into force from April the first - no joke (think about it).Having said that will everything else go up on a pro rata basis? How will this affect the £2.80 cost of a small parcel and Recorded Delivery? I('d b...