back to work

well I will of had 5 days off over Christmas, I've just done a wee bit of shopping before Christmas day, but mostly pottered about the house and sat and watched TV or been on here.

How can I be tired then lol!!!! ah well can't say I haven't had a lovely rest.

I used to wonder how people could say they'd had a nice time and they would always say "quiet, you know" now I know it's possible hahahaha. How about you did you enjoy the break?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

back to work

I think the tiredness comes about from your body going into rest mode because it has been so used to working hard then having your hours away from work where it sleeps etc to recoup, because you are on a break and not working it thinks it should be in rest mode.

As I am not back at work until the 5th, unless called out because we take it in turns to be on call I can safely say yes I am enjoying the break even if the television is absolute rubbish.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

Very quiet here, no exciting parties, just snoozing oldies.
Back to work tomorrow yuk.
TV has been rubbish on the whole but then in TV land everyone is having parties and huge family gatherings in their huge homes. Unlike in real life where a lot of people are on their own and TV is their only company.
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

I didn't think the tv was too bad. Depends what you like I guess. I enjoyed Call the Midwofe, Dr Who, Hogfather, making of Dads Army & loads more.:) The Agatha Christie on BBC over three nights is good too. Last one tonight.:)

My family don't arrive until tomorrow so I had a quiet time with the dog & the tv. 🙂 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

I'm working from home but not actually back in the office till New years eve, enjoying the quiet today as first time for a while just the 2 of us pottering round the house

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

I'm back at work tomorrow but it will be quiet!

Had 3 days off before Christmas but they were hard work getting preparations done so not really a holiday!

Went into town today as I had to get some choccies for thank you presents at a conference next week (got the large 4 layer boxes for £6 instead of the usual £20)

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

I volunteered at a centre for the homeless Xmas Eve, Xmas Day and Boxing Day, then I flew to Miami.

I am now very busy working on my client's server - upgrading and trying to tidy it up, delete all the rubbish and de-frag it. Did 10 hours on it yesterday, will do another 12 hours today and there is still a lot to do before I can install sofware upgrades.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

you are one of life's diamonds Stroppy, volunteering like that.

you go to Miami a lot don't you? do you enjoy that part of your work, I think I would, mind you 12hrs doesn't leave you much time for enjoying yourself does it? Do you see the same people when you go, so you've made friends over there?

Photobucket

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

Yes, I go to Miami a lot, largely cos my client is an idiot, and the server gets messed up a lot. Client has a habit of employing young men from eastern europe, and whilst they may be excellent in the bedroom, they are a liability in the office!. Mostly I work and sleep - mind you I do sneak off to the beach with the office staff sometimes. I do have quite a few friends amongst the staff there, but usually by the time I finish all I want to do is sleep. I stay in the clients' guest cottage and there is usually a party or a beach barbecue that I would be welcome to join if I wanted to.

It's not something that I really enjoy, it pays really well though.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

blimey!!! wish I was brainy enough for some of that lol!!! sounds like your client has lots of lovely dosh!!

Off we go again with another new year......

Photobucket

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

As my Dad would have said "more money than sense". He inherited a lot, he owns land in Texas with oil and gas on it, and the travel bsiness that he runs makes big profits. He's actually very shrewd at investing and at making his money work for him.

Mind you, he is VERY good at spending it!

I am notorious for packing in a huge rush (as the taxi is at the door) and forgetting something. On one trip I forgot the bag with my wallet, US cheque book, US dollars etc in it. Arrived in Miami with not a cent, no ATM card, no credit card, zilch. Boss thought it was hilarious and literally threw a wad of cash at me - it turned ot to be $1000.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

back to work

OMG ! Nice boss

stroppy, tell your boss you can get a chauffeur that has done that type of job before and can drive a lorry !   Smiley LOL  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent