a little rant

some selfish person put an airgun pellet through my window on Monday night, only had the windows put in April this year, having saved up for 3 years for them so you can imagine how I feel. We live in a rural area so it can only have been a deliberate act. I'm now very nervous about going in to any of the rooms that face the same direction as that window in case they come back and do it again, there is no point reporting it as there is no evidence and we never saw or heard anything. My imagination is running riot with possible reasons for someone doing such a mean thing. Rant over - at least nobody was hurt

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

a little rant

Nasty thing to have happened but your insurance will cover it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

That is disgusting.  Can you claim on your buildings insurance for it?

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

Insurance have been great, I only rang them Tuesday morning and today they gave the go ahead for repairs and said I will get the cheque to pay for it in a couple of days - still have to pay £100 excess though

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

you need to ring the local police

they need to know if someones taking pot shots that damage things, even if they werent aiming at you or the house, but at birds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

Towery's right.  The police need to know so that hopefully, they can try to do something about it.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

do you have a cat ?

as i'd be very concerned that it was my cat sitting on the winow sill that was the target

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

are you possitive it was a air gun pellet as earlier this year a neighbours strimmer or lawn mower threw up a small stone and shattered our large porch window,

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

it happened at night so couldn't have been a strimmer etc. and we have no neighbours anyway - we live in rural N. Scotland. Fortunately the cat is never out at night so they wouldn't have been aiming at her. I just hope that it was someone taking pot shots across the fields because if it wasn't that then they must have been aiming at us, we are set back about 60m from the nearest public road (a lane really), it must have been either deliberate or very reckless.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

did you find the pellet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

Idiots.
The pplice should know that someone is acting with out due care.
Could it be that they were rabbiting. Don't know how effective air guns are.
Try not to let the fear get you down.
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

This is TERRIBLE!!!!!. how nasty,, that could have hurt you or your family hun. The Police need to be informed,,they will go and do it again somewhere else if they get away with it!!!. What is this World coming too??.Woman Mad

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

@rose2008-2008 wrote:

What is this World coming too??.Woman Mad

This World has had its challenges for quite some time Rose. Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

@lambsy_uk wrote:

@rose2008-2008 wrote:

What is this World coming too??.Woman Mad

This World has had its challenges for quite some time Rose. Smiley Indifferent

I think its Not Coming at all i suppose we are IN ITS CHALLENGES right now,, it just seems lately they are increasing!!.Woman Sad

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

a little rant

Just want to add a word of praise for the insurance company over all this, I reported and started the claim on Tuesday morning this week as soon as we found the window broken, and today (friday) the cheque to have it repaired arrived! well dont T..co insurance.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent