a big AAAWWW moment....

on the way home tonight....the smallest black baby bunny at the roadside...he just hopped into the hedgerow bless him.

talk about squeeeeeee...he was so cute.

I didn't know there were black wild rabbits.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

a big AAAWWW moment....

40 or more Rabbits in the campsite field today was this striking black ... I have never seen one myself,  I see loads in the summer when I go to work, they have a party in the middle of the road, nice.

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

oh I know Ed, they're daft aren't they? we have to go on "bunny watch" he drives and I scan the road ahead laffin smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

The last place we lived at was an apartment in a Grade 2 listed building.  We used to have rabbits in the grounds every night.  We also had a grouse and a red squirrel.  It was lovely to see all the wildlife we use to have there.

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

I hate to tell you this but it's a good bet some kind soul has dumped it, we had a colony of white rabbits for a couple of years because some caring soul did just that , they were able to mate with true wild rabbits before Mr fox wiped them out!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Nowt so daft as folk, eh.

I only ever see ordinary bunnies.

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

I must admit I've never seen one either.  Here's the odd thing about rabbits, and hares too.  Unlike our eyes which focus ahead giving us a single image, their brain sees two different images at the same time, one on either side i.e. one for the left, one for the right.  It might sound odd, but it's never known anything else.  Having twin vision probably saves it's life in the wild, because it virtually impossible to creep up on one.  I bought my daughter one and we put it in a large run which we'd built specially for it.  It took one look at the bottom of the run and within five minutes was out, digging a really deep hole in my glasshouse!  The trouble I had getting it out was nobody's business!

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Round these parts we call tiny bunnies "Penny Shushers"????!!!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

I like the Black Bunnies,,,awwwwww they are very cute.

Woman Very Happy

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Another 'aaaawwww' moment...... 'stolen' from the American eBay 'Animals' board.

' Does this mean it's Spring'

012.JPG

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

First kitten of the Spring, waiting for mum to move her to a new hiding place, others already moved!

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

I don't know how many have watched more all creatures great and small on the bbc in the afternoon, plenty of aaahhh moments on there, yesterday had the most adorable miniature donkey foal, so beautiful. and today a rather feisty 14 year old Shetland pony with hooligan issues. amongst others.

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............that is all. 😉 😄 🙂
Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

cute lamb.jpgHe's cute isn't he? got any of these Sam?

Photobucket

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Oooh! I love that one is it a Southdown? No we don't unfortunately , the sweetest ones we ever had were Dartmoor & they really do look like Teddies & the babies were sooooo sweet.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

AAwwwwww the dog,,the kitten and Lamb are LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I saw a lamb on Lambing live that had half a wite face and half black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Never seen that before EVER!!!!!!!!.

Woman Happy

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Never?                      Woman LOL

lottie and dan 031.jpg

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Awwwwww CG that a lovely picture and yes the pup has got a divided colour face!!!. Woman Surprised

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

that was last night wasn't it Rose? I saw him too, he was lovely little half coloured faced lamb, aawww bless!!

I've not a clue what flavour lamb that is Sam, it's just a piccie that took my eye.

Are Jacob sheep the ones with the black faces?

Photobucket

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

a big AAAWWW moment....

Thought all lambs where the same flavour - mint sauce.

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent