Your favourite picture....

we all have pictures in the home....what's your favourite?

mine is a picture of a young boy walking a couple of cows back to the farm on a warm summer evening, oooh it's so cute!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

I have some paintings of my favourite dogs by Pollyanna Pickering , she captured them spot on.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

that's nice Sam...

as you know I'm coo mad but this picture just radiates warmth somehow, you can feel the sun on the cow's back and everything looks so peaceful

Photobucket

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Yes I must confess seeing cows coming in for milking either morning or evening is a lovely sight they are so full of milk they do the John Wayne walk.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

I only have 3 wall hangings in my house...a portrait of my 2 daughters (thats my fav)...a photo of my 2 dogs and a HUGE picture of a yellow orchid hanging in my living room 🙂

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

I suddenly feel very inadequate as I look around me bare walls.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

I have quilts & wall hangings I have made on almost all of my walls but I do have a few paintings too. My favourite is a seascape by David Dyer of Hayle in Cornwall. I like John Miller too. I have this one. It's really calming.

John Miller.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Of all the pictures on our walls, the one I like best is a print of this ( the original, at 20x30 inches, is too large to hang unfortunately ).

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

That picture is gorgeous !

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

Well im not a picture person but my ex boyfriend left a print picture of Marilyn Monroe on the hall wall and i have kept it there as its lovely,,absolutely Beautiful as she was. And my uncle used to say i looked a lot like her when she was young which was a lovely compliment.

I tend to love Beach Scenes,,especially tropical. And Sunsets myself,,but im not really into putting pictures on walls.

Woman Very Happy

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

This is my favourite one by David Dyer. There is a bit of reflection off the glass.

pics 003.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Mine is a 1903 colour print of "Sweet Captivity" by Delapoer Downing.

Many, many years ago I paid £2 for a dozen various pictures which were underneath one of the Irish Tinkers caravans and I've kept that one ever since. (I sold all the others).

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
I have some paintings of my favourite dogs by Pollyanna Pickering , she captured them spot on.

I have 2 pictures of Yorkies by Pollyanna Pickering.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

the sea is very calming, and I love sunsets too.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Lovely! I was lucky enough to meet her a few years ago at an arts convention down the road, she was giving a talk on a visit she had been on to save the Panda. We got talking & I invited her to the farm to take some pics of the animals for inspiration for cards etc, & it went on from there , she used to live in Derbyshire & had an owl sanctuary. She is a really nice lady.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
That picture is gorgeous !

Thank you.Smiley Happy

This is the one that hangs immediately below it - again a print as the original is the same size as that of the other picture; Yola prefers this one.  Bit close to decide between them really, but I still prefer the other one overall.

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

My favourite hung picture is a watercolour of a muddy creek at sunrise or sunset with the tide either going up or down according to ones mood.  We like it, most visitors don't.  My very favourite piccie is my wallpaper one of the solent on a peaceful early morning - it is not a good picture(and it is too big to put on here!) but brings back good memories.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Once again those colours are so beautiful !.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

we have photos, painting , prints  hung record sleeves all over the house

see have a sea scape wall in the living room, mainly smaill ones less than a foot across

there is a all of street views  10, mainly englanf  like york shambles but a couple abroad,

there is  this above the mantle piece

its all framed on onee pice as the canvas is a copy from the Prada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights

i have a stephen wiltshire london skyline above the tv

there are several more photos n prints

i really look at the  Bosch  most,  you see new things almost everytime you look

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

I love that painting Towery. His pictures fascinate me. I could look at them for hours!

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent