Why I DON'T watch television!

I've just diagnosed why I don't bother watching television and here's the reason.  Regardless whether they're good or bad which is a straight matter of opinion, the main reason is because there are too many series.  Forget the soaps - here's a perfect example of what I mean:

Arrow - Sky 1 The promise;  Oliver discovers that Slade has been in Starling City and has decided to visit the rest of his family episode 15 of 23.  Who is Slade and who is Oliver?  I don't know, far less do I care!  I haven't watched episodes 1 - 14, and I'm most unlikely to watch another eight episodes, so that's one one-hour programme I won't  bother with.  

Revolution:  14/20  Aaron spots a flaw in the nano code...

NCIS  Angel of Death 24/24 

The Dark Road 2/10

BBC 2 The Plantagenets 2/3  It might be very good, but why come in halfway through?

ITV The Americans 3/13:  about a group of spies infiltrating a contractors facility in order to complete their dead comrade's mission

And on... and on... and on...

Get what I'm saying?  To watch any of those, most of which run for an hour, would be burning daylight.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I find, the older i get, the less TV i watch...

used to watch some of the soaps, but now find them repetative and boring,

used to like home improvement shows like Under the Hammer, but now they are all repeats.

Also, i am too busy doing real life stuff!

Do admit however to being glued to Downton Abbey, and do like the odd Poirot!

I watch the news, but mostly online.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Now I'm really showing my age on this one - as a teenager I used to watch Peyton Place with Mia Farrow while she still had long hair - and it was good!  Old Man Carrington, The Doctor's Hospital, the blind brother,  Shame Ryan O'neill as an actor wen't really downhill.  He could have had such a future as an actor.  Nasty bit of work - knocked out the front teeth of his own son in real life.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

The other problem is when you watch all of series one and then because not enough people have watched it they don't both with series 2 or it moves channels!! Fast Forward was one such series, there was another one about people living in space having left earth (can't remember what it was called) and Supernatural moved to a sky channel so as we don't have sky we're had to wait for it on DVD.

still sig
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

OH puts TV on, I peep over the laptop while I play on here hahahaha.

true about watching less TV as you get older.

I like the odd documentary or an animal programme, but other than that, no.

Something about Poirot....everytime I try to watch one of those, someone disturbs me, I don't think I've watched more than 3 of those all the way through, and I like them too!

Photobucket

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I love all the long running series. I am probably following about six or seven at the moment. Good job we don't all like the same things. Cant wait for Game of Thrones to return for series four!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent