Which Washing Machine?

I need a new washing machine; the last two have been Indesit, which I have been pleased with but there's a Whirlpool on offer at A*rgos; just wondered if any of you have one of those and your opinion, please. Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Which Washing Machine?

I've opted for an Indesit again, will be my 3rd in a row. Had first one for about 10 years, the one I have now was 2nd hand and has lasted for 5 years, don't know how old it was when I bought it. Thanks for the advice everyone. xx

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Which Washing Machine?

We have a Hoover which we've had for about 14 years.  In that time, we've only had to have someone out to it once and that was about 6 or 7 years ago.  The bod that came out to it thought it was the best make you could get.  Hope that this help.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Yes, I had a Hoover washer once, that lasted about 12 years. There are so many features on washing machines now, got to question whether I would use most of them.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

We have had a Hotpoint Aquarius for the last 10 years and it has never gone wrong,  (doh, that's done it).. it is a 7kg drum 1400 spin speed.  It is in the garage so it is on a concrete floor but it isn't very noisy.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Avoid BEKO.

I'm just dumping my 26 year old Hotpoint which really owes me nothing for the little it's cost for repairs. Made in GB, it's got hot + cold fill which you'll probably find hard to get on a brand new machine. I'm replacing it with another Hotpoint, 'pre-loved' from the local auction room for £40, again h + c fill.

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

When it comes to washing machines, I'd never buy anything other than a Miele.

Ok so they maybe slightly more expensive, but well worth the extra imo.

I gave my 10yr old freestanding one to a friend when I needed a built in one for new kitchen, that was several years ago, and she's never yet had any problems with it ever since.

Most come with 5yr. guarantee as standard. The fact that they still supply parts for 20yr old machines is a good indication that they were built to last!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Ed, how have you managed to get one of those to last that long?!  We used to have one, it failed after about 4 years - bearings went.  Bought another one; circuit board blew up after only a few months.  Didn't bother claiming - went and bought a German one ( from a company that also makes trains, but that's a coincidence! ) and that's doing much better...

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

I have Miele - basic model at time of purchase - 20 or more years old  now, &, not wishing to tempt fate, still runs like new

Not yet had a repair *crosses fingers*

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Well I have had the lot.  With kids growing older the last one survived 6 years(average is more like 3) but then again they got USED!.  Had a whirlpool(cheapest one in the shop) and it was great - my little shop down the road said not to touch with a bargepole now.

Always had a washer/dryer but decided since I rarely used the dryer now I'd plump for a washer. They went through all the expensive ones, I pointed to a cheapie and they said they were OK, didn't have all the bells and whistles that the good ones did, only came with 2 year warranty and was made by Samsung. Does it do a full short wash - yes.  Sold - £100+ to put towards next one will do me. The only drawback so far is the knob has to be turned back to zero every time before you select a programme which is somewhat annoying since i always ue the same wash programme for everything.  OH said I should have got a good one - umm the  2 cheapies lasted longer than the 2 good models.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

We've recently bought a new one, I went for the same as I'd had before, an Indesit.

This is the third Indesit we've had and I've been happy with them all (they are

the same as Hoover, by the way, the same company).

Years ago we had a Zanussi and that was good too, all ours have lasted way beyond

the five year life expectancy they give them nowadays.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Hi, I had an upright Whirpool for many years as I found the modern front loaders didn't seem to get farm clothes as clean as I would want, it was very big but would even tackle a King size winter duvet, I had no trouble with it at all & it lasted many years, it wasn't even phased by corn grains & baler twine.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

I have the cheapest B&Q integral washer that will be 14 in June. I bet it's eventual replacement wont last that long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

I have a Whirlpool one which has been in my place for over ten years and not one problem have i had with it. Its SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!.

Woman Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

I live in a block of flats, and the laundry room has 2 Miele, fairly new as only installed about 9 months ago

Easy to use, choice of 4 programmes.  Just  press the button, then start.

Seems reliable.

Also 2 Miele tumble dryers as well.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

Meile, Neff and AEG are the top of the pack - expensive but brilliant.

We use an LG and have found it to be fantastic.

Half the price of the 'posh ones' and -so far - just as good.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Which Washing Machine?

I've opted for an Indesit again, will be my 3rd in a row. Had first one for about 10 years, the one I have now was 2nd hand and has lasted for 5 years, don't know how old it was when I bought it. Thanks for the advice everyone. xx

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent