What would you REALLY, REALLY like for Christmas?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

If money was no object, etc, what would you wish to find in your stocking?

Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

Money can not buy what I want anyway because it may be soppy or overly sentimental but all I want is my family around me , safe and well

but if I have to choose something then the lottery numbers for the next draw would be handy

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 33
See Most Recent

money can not buy mine either as i would love to have my mum back for just one more Christmas...

but realisticly  the money to buy a bunglelow  so we can get rid of the house..

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 33
See Most Recent

Well said.  I'd like world peace but no chance of getting that in my stocking anytime soon.  Still, we mustn't give up doing our own bit.  And on a material level, I'd love a new bed, as mine's decaying beneath me and the cats have ripped the covering down to the wood.  Oh, and a big box of Thorntons Continental choccies please Santa.

Message 4 of 33
See Most Recent

@cookiecookuk wrote:

money can not buy mine either as i would love to have my mum back for just one more Christmas...

Cookie, the bungalow nextdoor to me is for sale along with the one nextdoor to that.

Message 5 of 33
See Most Recent

Some time travel please, so I could zoom back 50 years to New Year at my Granny's.

I didn't realise then what great character all my aunties and uncles had - ordinary they were not - they were so full of fun and affection.  I can see it like a video tape in my head - all the adults singing 'their' song - the laughter and story telling - all us kids having to do a 'turn' and how indulgent the adults were - the endless wonderful food (I only realise now how hard my Granny must have worked).

I consider myself privileged to have been part of this great, close knit (at that time) family.  All gone now.  They were magic, **mwah**.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 6 of 33
See Most Recent

@bitsnknots wrote:

@cookiecookuk wrote:

Cookie, the bungalow nextdoor to me is for sale along with the one nextdoor to that.

thamk you...unfortunatley buglelows cost a lot more than our house is worth  hence the plea to santa...t07030.gif

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 33
See Most Recent

Hello

I would love PEACE in the world & useless Politicians making decisions to really think twice before making decisions that will affect the worst off & all of us = won't fit in a stocking

Also a roof/clean water/food & medical care for all people in the World we all live in & of course but not the least that Mother Earth is looked after & protected !!! = again won't fit in a stocking eitther

For my Mum & Dad for their siblings to be there with them but not possible as all past away !!!

For myself I have all I need & do not need more !!! Woman Happy

Message 8 of 33
See Most Recent

A used Black and Decker Workmate - not a new one.  So I can sand it all down and repaint it.  It's on my Santa list but can't find one for love or money - it's like trying to buy an original blowlamp.

Message 9 of 33
See Most Recent

a thinner body, then the GP would leave me alone. You'd think after 52 yrs mithering me they'd get the message....

or if I can't have that.....

I'll have a box of crispslaffin.gif

Photobucket

Message 10 of 33
See Most Recent

Some peace and quiet. After days and days of non stop christmas shopping I'm looking forward to 6 o'clock christmas eve - when all the shops are shut.

Wouldn't say no to a plane ticket to Oz though.Woman LOL

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 11 of 33
See Most Recent

For my phone not to ring or my pager not to go off!. & just to be able to get up when I want & have a late night with no interruptions !
Heaven!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 33
See Most Recent

A lie in would be nice but it will be a few years before we get one of them. Onions goes from fast asleep to wide awake in about 10 seconds, and expects us to do the same!

Oh and this would be nice too we can start taking Olivia on bike rallies the proper way!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351229263516?

Message 13 of 33
See Most Recent

An end to pet theft and animal cruelty, dog baiting, torture, bull fighting, hanging hares up and stoning them, bear baiting, killing tigers, elephants for their tusks, aligators and crocs to make handbags..........

The money to save as many as I could.

And for me, what I had 14 years ago, happiness and peace of mind.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanual Kant
Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent

Oh, how I'd love to put my helmet back on!  To me by far the greater thrill of riding it would be riding in it.  It is such a rarity to see a combination these days.  I remember the old Watsonian ones, and the real bikes of yesteryear - BSA,  ARIAL, FRANCIS BARNET, the list goes on.  Sorry to hijack your thread.

Message 15 of 33
See Most Recent

I'd love to see an end to arrogance, selfishness, greed etc, and all the horrible stuff that comes with it.  Not much

chance of that though I guess.

I'd love to enjoy Christmas doing crafts or swimming outdoors in some beautiful sea.

I'd love the ridiculous three or four months of hype that fuels greed to cease absolutely.  For pre-Christmas

advertising/stuff in shops etc to not even start before the middle of November at the very earliest.  For

everyone to think what they really need to have a lovely day and have just that and give to others who

would otherwise have a very hard Christmas.

Oh well, we can dream.

Message 16 of 33
See Most Recent

I would agree with most of whats already said above. If a bit more humanity crept in and set up camp for the duration, not just over the festive hype season, t'would be nice.

There are still moments however, like the little girl who was beaming on  returning home to announce she had got a major part in the school nativity play as the 'urgent mary'

Message 18 of 33
See Most Recent

For certain members of my family to put aside their differences and come together as a family again like it was last Christmas. Life is way too short to bear trivial little grudges.

Also Santa a boob job would be nice 😉

Message 19 of 33
See Most Recent

Being pretty well happy with My Lot, if Money was no object; it would be wasted on Me. So, although we are all in reasonably good health, a cure for Cancer would be My choice...........too many People, with too much to lose; have lost that fight.

Message 20 of 33
See Most Recent