Well, 'C' sweets instore, they are calling them early bird sweets.

How many weeks to go, and do you know people are actually buying them.........................

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

I'm amazed I haven't seen any yet, & no I want be buying any this early, although I have to confess I've already got three Xmas pressies. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

i went into our local c#  - o#  the other day and they had all  the usual large tins of sweets on offer it  think they were 2 for a £10

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

2 for £9 in cowop. beware the tins are smaller, dont be taken in by the price! look at the shape of the roses!Robot Mad

Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

I daren't buy any sweets until nearer the time, otherwise I would eat them.

Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

I am not going to buy them this year as they don't taste the same. I would rather buy some good bars of chocolate. I had a box of Thorntons last Christmas & they were nothing special. I am assuming the ingredients have changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

Don't tell me that , ones just opened up in town & the sugar free selection was the best I've seen, sob sob!

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

don't bother with them Saasher, they taste weird, all the flavours are the same, however, do try the turkish delight bars, they are really nice.

I think you are right Maggie, they do all taste the same, better to have some nice choccy.

I did see though a tiny tin of Quality St, which I thought would be a nice treat for my pal in the US.

Photobucket

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

I saw an advert last night on television 2 for £8 i think,,,but cant remember where it was for!!. Might have been Morrisons,,they have some really good offers at the moment. I dare not buy tins of sweets i would be the size of a high rise i think. Awwww.Woman Surprised

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

Well you won't catch me buying any.........*coff*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

Christmas cards in August???,,i ask you?. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We will have next Summers bargain Sales up soon LOL.Woman LOL

Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

embarrased 3 smiley.gif  hactually....I has 3/4 of my Christmas pressies already....

but I don't have any cards yet. 

Photobucket

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

The thing is, just because things are for sale doesn't mean you HAVE to buy them!  The earlier they're on the shelves the more sales they'll get.  After all, that's is what they're there for!

Twishy, (the expert), can you honestly say that chocolate tastes as good as it did a year or two back?  To me it just tastes of sweetness, not chocolate, and that's all brands not just what WAS my favourite! Woman Sad

Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

I agree CG. Not the chocolate it used to be. The Extra Special supermarket stuff is quitr good & I would much rather have a little but of that than loads of tastless stuff. I fancy some now! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

I have a bar of DM turkish delight mmmm yummy. But I aint sharing nah nah nah nah nah
Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

I bought that little tin of Quality St, for my friend in USA. I think it's the novelty of it that will win, not the taste of the choc.

May I suggest you all take a quick trip to Al*i and buy some of their chocklit, it's by far the best tasting one of all of them at the moment, all flavours too and very reasonable. OH will only eat theirs now. The fruit and nut is great, as is the turkish delight one too. Of course Twishy will empty her local store out so I suggest you hurry on down before they have to send up more supplies her way...

Photobucket

Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes I agree Aldi choc is very nice.:)

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

I hate to tell you this girls but I slipped to M, on my way back from work this morning & they are now selling C cakes & puddings!.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

Ohhhhhhh ha ha ha ha LOL Saasher!!!!!Woman LOL

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

When I was in town this morning, I saw Advent Calendars for sale in one of the £ shops.  We're not even up to the middle of September yet.

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent