Wedding Date

Well eldest son has just phoned and it is a christmas wedding, 21st Dec.  I thought it was going to be next April, the question is what do i wear? had ideas for a spring wedding, but no idea about a winter one and the reception is in the middle of the countryside, ooh wonder if we will get snowed inCat Happy

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Wedding Date

Sounds exciting Ruth. I would go for long & burgundy velvet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Think it will be something like that Maggie, if i could get away with wearing a long velvet coat, i would love that

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

rhubarb, what about wellies, sea boot socks, thermals, a couple of cardigans, fleece lined trousers, a parka, scarf and gloves. Oh and mabye a small knapsack with rations just in case.   Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

I think a long velvet coat would look amazing. My sister married on Boxing Day & had a red velvet cloak pover her wedding dress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

I married in December& I wore a red cape over my Wedding Dress & most of my wedding pics were taken next to an enormous Christmas tree!

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

I found it hard enough finding something to wear for my Goddaughter's wedding last September but a December wedding I think that I would have problems with.  I also agree that a long velvet coat would be nice.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

yes, long velvet coat with a lovely long scarf in different colours to complement it. How lovely, to me snow would make it just perfect, except the bride would be freezing!!!!

Photobucket

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Oooh fancy arriving to the Church in a sleigh pulled by horses or Reindeer in the snow!

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Will start looking for a long velvet coat

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Just looked on here and would you believe i think i have found the perfect thing

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

with fur lined boots and a big fur cossak type hat, and don't forget the thermal undies!!!  If you throw wild bird seed rather than confetti you will do the birds a huge favour at that time of the year too. What part of the country is the wedding being held in - is it likely to be snow?

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

It will be in Lancaster ,then up the Trough of Bowland for the reception, so could be a bit nippy

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Oh Ruth!  How yummy.  I am thinking velvet too, bit Goth, bit Steampunk, velvet, satin, lace and floaty bits.

You have mail.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Just had a look Carole and it is gorgeous thank you 🙂

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

It really depends on the venue ....

If the ceremony and the reception are in a hotel type venue where you do not need to venture outdoors then there is little need for outdoor attire ......

Anything near Xmas can make sequins , velvet , fur ( faux fur ) perfectly acceptable ....the sky is the limit really ......ENJOY ....
Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Just won my velvet coat & dress just now, so hopefully i am sorted

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Wedding Date

Brilliant. You are going to look gorgeous!

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent