Update on my right knee - MRI Scan due - Anxious.

I'm a bit anxious about this.  I've got early signs of osteo arthritis in my right knee.  Was referred to the Island - Sheppey and have now received an appointment for an MRI scan on my right knee on August 2nd.  Just a wee bit anxouus about it.  Ever had it done, and what does it involve?  How long will it take.  What's the difference between a normal X-ray and an MRI?  Will they inject dye into my leg or something?  I think a dental appointment would be slightly favourable! Smiley Very Happy  Am I worrying over nothing?  I don't want to know if he says I have to have my cartilage removed or something.  I'm a big baby in that respect - Helllllppppp!

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Update on my right knee - MRI Scan due - Anxious.

I'll ring up in the morning.  With a £30.00 round fare by taxi, it would actually be cheaper hiring a car for the day - Peugeot 107  Car's off the road - SORN because it needs an MoT and then tax, so if they do want me in at that particular timeI'll just hire a car for £20.00 and make a full day of it seeing my very lovely sister-in-law in Broadstairs before coming back some time in the afternoon.  It seems a very odd hour, that's all.

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi Fred,, i have not had an MRI scan so i cant help im afraid but im sure you will be ok. Just relax and think nice thoughts,,,dont be scared Fred your a brave boy!!!!!!!!!!.

heartheartheartheart

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

Well, that's saved me between £20.00  - £30.00.  Wfe phoned up to confirm - yes, it was correct - 8.00p.m.Saturday, but she managed to change to a mid day,  appointment so we won't have to hire a car.  I wouldn't have minded, but why waste £30.00  -that money could go towards the MoT bill.

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

Thats a good result and a lot of money saved - well done x

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent