Those Complete Food Drinks?

Those drinks with added minerals and vitamins, to help someone recovering after illness.  The only one I know of is Complan.  Are there any others?  I think Complan was not great on taste though, so hoping that someone might know of a make with a reasonably good flavour too.

Thank you,

amethyst

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

There are some called ENSURE - I couldn't find them in the shops, but did buy them online.  They do the milk shake type, juice ones and soupy type ones

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I seem to remember using one called Build Up, but that was a long while ago, it was very palatable when flavourd with a Cr**sha syrup and a scoop of ice cream. 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I get the Ensure milk drinks on prescription - they are quite palatable - I keep them in the fridge - they are nicer a bit chilled.  They form a major part of my diet, my digestive system ruined by chemo and all it's chemicals - they are 1,000 calories per unit.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I think my daughter has had those after a severe bout of Chrones Carol. Mum had them too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

There is another one called Fortisip which my husband had on prescription when he was unable to eat solids.

It is available online, I think

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

The fortisip ones aren't a complete meal replacement thing, more of a supplement. There is also fortijuice if you aren't keen on the milk shake ones. Fortisip and fortijuice are available on prescription, can be purchased on-line, but if you ask your local chemist should be able to order them for you.

If well chilled the fortijuice ones aren't bad, especially if mixed with some sparkling water.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent