The Shard

Gathering information on this as i may visit. has anyone gone up The Shard in London?. I have looked on the information site about it and it says 72 floors up to the top and to the breathtaking views. I think it stops off halfway and i think you can even stay the night in rooms on one floor,,probably for the people who can afford this as i think its Mega bucks!. It is a marvellous structure and buildings, especially high ones fascinate me. Watching them being built is so interesting too.

What do other Ladies and Gentlemen think about London Topspot?.Woman Happy

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

The Shard

Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit high for my liking. My dad would have loved it though.  He worked on factory chimneys all his life.

I have seen some pics of it and it looks amazing, but I leave going up there to others.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

a three step ladder is high enough for me  + i do not like lifts so it is a big no from me.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

I'd give it a go, I don't mind lifts and heights don't bother me. I'd like the London Eye too.

Photobucket

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

No thanks , I'm really scared of heights I need oxygen if I step off a kerb.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

Rose, yes - there is a hotel in there but it's frightfully expensive...

I haven't been up it yet but I have been on a helicopter along the Thames at the same height as the Shard and yes, the view is very good - if it's a clear day; on cloudy days the top can be enveloped in the clouds!

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

Hi Rose, if you just want to go for the view its £24.50 pp if you book in advance, this gets you a ticket to the viewing floor near the top. Nearest rail/tube station is London bridge.

Hope this helps.

ps have a look at The Shard web site.

Pete.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

Ooohhh i looked on there thank you rednoise!!!!. bless ya. Mind you i dont like lifts or heights but thought it may be something to help conquer these fears. heart

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

The Shard

It's on my "to do" list as Renzo Piano is one of my favourite architects.

I'm a bit like saasher in that low heights worry me but going up tall towers etc I can cope with.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent