THE FHG SEWING THREAD :-D

As requested, a place for us to ask for help and advice from other stitchers and to show the things we make.
Over to you.:-D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 1 of 58,253
See Most Recent
58,252 REPLIES 58,252

nessaaja95
* Waves to Maggie * :-x

Yayyyy, well done...... hope this runs for many a post & is helpful to some newbies (which I'm sure it will be).

ATB XX

XX Lee XX

Mr Right does NOT live next door to Father Christmas or across the road from the Tooth Fairy......
:-x:-x

XX Lee XX

Mr Right does NOT live next door to Father Christmas or across the road from the Tooth Fairy......
Message 2 of 58,253
See Most Recent

Thanks Maggie :-x

Larger Sig
......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 3 of 58,253
See Most Recent

dangermooser
bugger I was going to ask about my sprout seeds but thats a different type of sowing isn't it?

Gone but never forgotten .
Message 4 of 58,253
See Most Recent

nessaaja95
You might as well go sow yer oats as sow yer sprout seeds on here Stu! :^O:^O

And ner ner, Foxy says I can have what I want............ I just knew you were bein a beggar! :-p

XX Lee XX

XX Lee XX

Message 5 of 58,253
See Most Recent

dangermooser
Foxy says I can have what I want.

I am sure he did Nessa

Message 6 of 58,253
See Most Recent

nessaaja95
;-):-p

:^O

XX Lee XX

XX Lee XX

Message 7 of 58,253
See Most Recent

I can see it's going to be impossible to get you all to stick to sewing chat! :^O
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 58,253
See Most Recent

dangermooser
sorry I did try but you know what Nessa is like, will go now and plant me sprouts

Message 9 of 58,253
See Most Recent

right

runs in
plonks bum down

"ouch"X-(

thought there would be lots of lush plump cushions in Auntie Maggies sewing room:^O

talking of which
quilt has been put aside till work is done
but want to keep practising
so have gotten stuff to make cushions for our new room
question here is
i would love them to have twisted cord around them
how hard am i going to find doing this, as i am not so good with hand sewing?
Photobucket
Message 10 of 58,253
See Most Recent

nessaaja95
Stu :-x

Shurrup!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie, just keeping it bumped for ya till the others get in medear :^O:^O:-x

XX Lee XX

XX Lee XX

Message 11 of 58,253
See Most Recent

I went to our local Haberdashery Outlet with my daughter yesterday. We both bought wadding to make a mat to stand a sewing machine on.

Will probably make a patchwork top and plain bottom. Need advice about attaching the three layers and how to finish the edges.

(I won one of the books you recommended Maggie, other one hasn't finished yet)

Larger Sig
......................................................................................................................

Message 12 of 58,253
See Most Recent

lol:^O
We have to make our own lush plump cushions! Tut! You would have to slip stitch the cord on by hand I think Merlin. You could tassel it at the corners!
Message 13 of 58,253
See Most Recent

nice one learning

i was looking at wadding
thats my next Q for Auntie M

i am really interested in the bamboo stuff(for the quilt)
wondered what she thought

would also like to know about the layers and edges
Photobucket
Message 14 of 58,253
See Most Recent

Bamboo stuff Merlin?

Larger Sig

Message 15 of 58,253
See Most Recent

well if i take my time, hopefully i shall master it
Photobucket
Message 16 of 58,253
See Most Recent

Merlin - I think you can buy cord with tape along the edge for machine sewing.

Good thread Maggie :-D

Photobucket

Message 17 of 58,253
See Most Recent

I have heard it is good Merlin but not used it myself. I tend to buy Hobbs Heirloom or Warm & Natural wadding (often called batting). DONT buy polyester wadding!!!(the puffy stuff).
For the binding if I were you I would get a book out of the library on quilting & follow the instructions for the binding. You could find them on line too.
A quilt is three layers. The patchwork top, the batting & the backing.:-)
Message 18 of 58,253
See Most Recent

I have cut out the cupcake garland for Ginap. Not sure when I'll sew it though as I'm not feeling too well.

Larger Sig

Message 19 of 58,253
See Most Recent

bamboo wadding learning

100% natural
no bleach no chemicals
its organic
bamboo is managed, and produces way more oxygen into the air than cotton, and its naturally anti-bacterial

and its grown hundreds of miles away from pandas, so they dont starve because of it:^O
Photobucket
Message 20 of 58,253
See Most Recent