Strictly - fixed?

So Jay McGuinness has won Strictly.......

How?

Kelly Bright and Georgia May-Foote where vastly better.

I thought Georgia would have won it but it would have been so close between her and Kelly.

How did Jay sneak in and win?

Will his friends being paying BT for the next 5 years for thier phone bills?

Is there no justice?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Strictly - fixed?

There was an article in one of the papers by an ex professional, a woman, saying it was fixed. Perhaps she was correct
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Strictly - fixed?

Why do people think something is fixed because they don't agree with a result from a public vote?

Who would fix a public vote via phone or online? I assume that the totals are counted by computer. 

How would they fix it, and more to the point why would they fix it?

So Jay wasn't Craig Drivel Horwood's favourite, but he was Darcey's number one.

I only watched the final in this series and all 3 contestants were excellent and potential winners, but personally I thought he deserved to win.  IMO he had more musicality and style than the others.  Not that my opinion matters, but presumably more people who bother to vote on these TV shows thought so too.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Strictly - fixed?

Jay was never in the dance off were as Kellie Bright was in the dance off twice and Georgia was in the dance off once.  

Kellie and Kevin never danced a tango in the final.  In a tango, you are not supposed to smile and both of them did.  The music was wrong for a tango for another thing.  Yet another thing, Kevin stood on Kellie's foot in the tango. None of this was mentioned.  The tango that never was never deserved a score of 40.  Another thing is that you are not supposed to sing to the music and they did.

I thought that either Georgia or Jay deserved to win as they were far better.

Don't blame the public for the judges bumping up their favourites.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Strictly - fixed?

I always thought Jay was excellent but I'm not one of the judges. It was suggested in that newspaper article that it is fixed, I think it was in the Daily Mail, the week before they were in Blackpool if I remember correctly. That accusation was made by an ex professional dancer from the program, could have just been sour grapes though.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Strictly - fixed?

I doubt the judges scores are fixed, and Ola Jordan did have an issue about some comment about her calendar so her accusation after quitting could well be sour grapes. The judges will have their own personal impressions and opinions, which I suppose might influence the public vote about who stays on to the following week, but that is unavoidable in a TV show like this.

It isn't the Olympics with professional contestants.  Even the professional dancing partners differ in their skills (dancing and choreography) which could influence the chances of their celebrity partners. 

But none of that explains the OP comment about maybe the final result might be fixed. Not least because the public vote did not tally with the judges scores. 

I would like to know how the public vote could be fixed, and WHY would it be?

The public may not be right about who was technically best, although dancing is not just about technicality, it's about the whole performance - sensitivity, rhythm, interpretation etc., among other things.

I think the result was good, others won't.  But it is what it is - a TV show that is judged ultimately by the public. 

Inevitably some won't agree with the result, and some contestants will be more popular with the voting public, but really - so what?  They win a glitter ball, not a gold medal that has taken a lifetime of dedication and training to earn. 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Strictly - fixed?

I have noticed when the judges are harsh on a contestant the public always seems to vote them through, we have always been suckers like that. When it comes to the final though it is always the best contestant that wins, common sense does prevail. You can always tell which 'male' contestant Craig has the hots for though, it shows in his comments and scoring.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent