Stir Fry

I have never done a Stir Fry and know you can buy the sauces but does anyone have any different ideas of what to put in a Stir Fry. I know Bean Shoots and Water Chestnuts or Noodles but is there any other things please?.

All the foodie ladies may have some inspiration for me???.

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Stir Fry

I use whatever I have in the fridge. Peppers, Onions, Shredded Leeks & Carrots, Mushrooms, Cabbage, Pine Nuts etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I suppose i keep thinking a Stir Fry has to be Orientalish!!!!!!!. But i dont think it does really.

Woman Happy

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

Smiley Very Happyhome made bobble and squeak

Petal
Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

LOL Petal your making me crack up LOOOOLLL BOBBLE and Squeek??...Ohhhh Gawdddd im sorry im not taking the proverbial,,its just funny.Woman LOL

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I usually put a Blue Dragon sauce on my stir fry. Sometimes I add chicken, pork or prawns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I just chuck in whatever I can find....sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't..

The biggest problem is when I make a good one, then can't remember exactly what went into it .....smilie face palm.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I just use anything I have in the fridge, carrots, cabbage, onion peppers, deseeded tomatoes courgettes, thinly sliced I dont do water chesnuts, but I will put in beansprouts if I have any, chicken, shredded pork, beef strips, turkey strips, prawns.  But I usually put in a ready made stir fry sauce, or some sweet chilli dipping sauce which is especially nice with prawns.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

smilie face palm.gifbobble bubble hahaha

Petal
Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

Bobble sounds nice petal!           

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

Photobucketpancakes for yesterdays tea and brekie this morning £1 the lot

hmm i see your into graft Ed

Petal
Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

Your going all American Petal if your having Pancakes for breakfast did ya have Maple syrup on it?

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

Bubble and Squark!!!!!!!! Ha ha LOL

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

One thing to consider is what you're going to put in it and when.

Preparation is important so you get to put the things that need least cooking in last.

Then, a good tip is to look at colours so you are deciding if you want just a majority of green or a festival of different colours.

If, for example, you're going to add fine green beans, you may prefer to blanche them first.

Mushrooms will soak up the oil, so if you add them, either put those that are large, big, open in early on and add more oil if you need it, or add thinly sliced closed cup ones later.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

No golden syrup either?

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I always use thinly sliced beef or prawns, mushrooms, onions, any other leftover veg, noodles & cook it in a combination of dark soy & hot chilli sauces
Photobucket
Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

No Golden Syrup or bananas Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Noodles sound good yes and Prawns yummy.

Woman Happy

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I love stir fries.

I have used, sugar snap peas, baby corns, onions, garlic cloves, carrot sliced into matchstick size, butternut squash, kurly kale, bean sprouts, mange 2, tiny cherry toms, asparagus, sweet corn, runner beans, peppers, chillies, fresh pineaple, corgette, mushrooms, to name but a few.

Sauces:- dark souy sauce, light souy sauce, worcester sauce, tabasco sauce, chicken stock, fish stock chilli sauce, all sorts. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Stir Fry

I sometimes add tomatoes to mine and at the end some cashew nuts. 🙂 In the US we used to have what we call Chowmein noodles. They were crunchy and yummy, but I haven't found anything like them here so use the nuts. I do pretty much what you all do.

Hash is also a sort of stir fry. 🙂 You could do smoked sausages, potatoes, onion and mushrooms. Try a bit of butternut squash in that too. 🙂

Ages ago, My Japanese friend did a stirfry with some smoked sausge, mushrooms and spinach. That was yummy. I add onions to mine too. 🙂

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent