Static in hair

I'm growing my hair a bit longer but now have the problem of static when I am combing it. Please has anyone any tips of how to minimise it? I always use conditioner on it. Thanks in advance for any ideas. I have fine hair and used to have this problem before when it was longer.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Static in hair

Use a wooden or metal comb (not plastic) or a bristle brush. Rub your hair with tumble dryer fabric conditioner sheets, also rub your harbrush / comb and your pillow with the fabric conditioner sheets.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

Spray it lightly with water from a plant sprayer; OR just run your hand down it immediately after the brush.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

My hair is the same as its very fine ,   i use a stying mousse it works for me 🙂

Static in hair

I use a serum on mine,  my hair is thick and prone to frizz and static, so if you smooth with a little serum after drying it seems to stop it flying all over the shop.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

There is a shampoo we buy at Sainsbob called 'Aussie' which we use.

No need for seperate conditioner and no more 'flyaway' hair.

About £5.00 for a bottle and well worth every penny.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

Oh thanks, Soppy; will have a look at that. Thanks to everyone else for their advise too. I asked my hairdresser yesterday about static in hair and she wasnt very helpful at all; all she said was hers is the same. Woman Happy

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

I've just started using Elvive Fibrology shampoo & conditioner which is supposed to thicken the hair as mine is ridiculously fine. Seems to be holding it's shape for a bit longer
Photobucket
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

Funnily enough, I've just started using that as well; not too keen on the feel of the shampoo though.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Static in hair

remember not to use too much conditioner , and keep it away from the roots too

central heating plays havoc with mine,  and the ins and outdoors with winter dont help

now and then i dont bother with the conditioner , especially if im going to use more 'product' 

my granny used to say smooth your hair bye running a silk scarf down your hair.  i dont remember trying that  lately

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent