Soooooooooo peaceful here, no ones home.

OH has gone off to his festival in Leiscestershire and Son is doing goodness only knows what, so just me and 2 sleeping dogs lovely.

I have dusted and hoovered throughout and I am just about to make myself some lunch.

Sky man is coming this afternoon with our new box and box for sons room.  Bt rang this morning to ask if we had decided when we wanted to set up the TV etc. sent a message saying they had been trying to get hold of us all morning, huh! I have been here all morning. Told them the whole sorry tale and then told them we were going to someone else now so tuff luck.  So disapointed with BT it is unbelievable. The guy that I spoke to was foreign, so much for a british firm, I couldn't understand him and he was getting shirty with me because I kept asking him to repeat himself.  Anyway a line has been drawn under that lot and we are going with sky now.

Have just had a thought I shall have the TV all to myself for  6 whole days, woopie

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Just had an email from BT bill is ready, been to have a look, and aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh they have only gone and charged us for the new broad band connection fee, delivery charge and set up fee, UNBELIEVABLE. Another phone call coming up.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Unbelievable! I hope you give them a piece of your mind Ed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Must be so frustating for you now, Ed. Hope it gets sorted soon. I am here having a bit of peace and quiet, well I was until the phone rang just now and some foreign woman told me I have a problem with my computer! Not that old chestnut again, LOL

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

They are very clever these people who know that your computer has a problem,  I am still holding for an advisor, I hope it isn't abroad again because I think I might just scream.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

OOhhhhh its annoying,,, and you probably wont be able to understand a word they are saying or be able to converse properly. I have had people get tetchy with ME!!!,, when i cannot understand them!!!!. Bloomin CHEEK!!!!.

Hope you get it sorted sweetie!!heart

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

37 minutes later, they agreed to refund said charges even though I shouldn't have been charged them in the first place, They have also charged us up front fees for fibre optic broadband and TV, which we haven't had. What an absolute shambles, and I am sure when we leave them next week they will be slow in refunding the monthly charge as well.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

It annoys me when firms like this drag their feet.  We've had problems with Eon over the gas and electricity.  They only wanted to put the monthly payment up from about £43 to £67.  Mum told them in no uncertain terms what they could do.  I've swapped us over to another firm and they want just over £52 per month.  We had a new central heating boiler put in last summer and we don't seem to be using as much heat.  Eon were supposed to be getting back to us this afternoon but so far, they haven't.  I wouldn't care, they already owe us over £100 as we've still overpaid them and that doesn't take into account the new monthly charge from them.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

im sure BT do tell you when you sign to accept the new service that you will be paying up front your first 3 months

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

We were with BT already Towery,  we just upgraded to fibre optic and wanted the TV, we only pay a month in advance, what they wanted was the set up fee for the TV and connection for the fibre optic, even though they had it on their records that it was cancelled. I think I must have spoken to 8 different people in all.  I rang the 0800 number 3 times until I got someone in this country answering, I could understand her and she was very helpfull and refunded the charges for the services we didn't have, because they didn't turn up on 2 different occasions to set us up.

Anyway Sky man came, when he said he was coming, 2 boxes fitted and a new dish, here just over 30 minutes, very helpfull very tidy and full instructions given, done.

Next Wednesday is change over day for the phone and broadband which we do ourselves but we have to wait for BT to hand over the line and set up the fibre optic, lets hope they dont mess that up.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

I seldom watch television,  but with sky, although it seems you're getting a lot, if you look carefully an awful lot of these films are merely being swapped around.  What you get on Sky 1 one week, you'll suddenly find it on Sky Movies Gold the next week.  

Who remembers the days when you had  "Children's Hour" starting at 5 pm news at 5.50 pm and the epilogle at five minutes to midnight followed by, I think, the National Anthem and finally the white dot in the middle of the screen?  Seven hours was more than enough for anyone.  Now you can watch it 24/365.  The only sky programme I used to watch was the Discovery Channel.  Now they were good.

I'd never even heard of the word television until We came back from Cyprus in '58.  We had an indoor areal set-up where you had to twiddle about with the antenna for ages to get even a half decent picture.

"Hold it there - that's perfect!"  So it would be with somebody holding it above their head halfway across the sittingroom!Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

We were with BT already Towery,  we just upgraded to fibre optic and wanted the TV, we only pay a month in advance, what they wanted was the set up fee for the TV and connection for the fibre optic, even though they had it on their records that it was cancelled. I think I must have spoken to 8 different people in all.  I rang the 0800 number 3 times until I got someone in this country answering, I could understand her and she was very helpfull and refunded the charges for the services we didn't have, because they didn't turn up on 2 different occasions to set us up.

Anyway Sky man came, when he said he was coming, 2 boxes fitted and a new dish, here just over 30 minutes, very helpfull very tidy and full instructions given, done.

Next Wednesday is change over day for the phone and broadband which we do ourselves but we have to wait for BT to hand over the line and set up the fibre optic, lets hope they dont mess that up.

i understand that,  but it was a new  upgrade/service you wer going for,   they are like lots of big firms that  have trouble communicating  anything to do with payments til after  the customer complains.

when we upgraded to infinity the guy  who did it came from a depot 60miles away

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

We would have been only too happy with infinity and paying what we had to pay, it was the fact they didn't turn up twice that hacked us off and then they tried to charge us for connection and service for something they didn't do.

We have only got the basic sky package as we are not interested in the sport or movies, where we live the reception for tv is terrible and most people have sky as that is the only way you can watch.  We held out because when we had it before it was boring after a while.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent