Selfies

Seem to be the in thing at the moment.

But how on earth do you take a selfie when you can't see what you're taking?

When I tried I chopped off part of my head and I looked like a startled rabbit in the headlights LOL

Is there a trick to taking a decent selfie?

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Selfies

dwnmll
Conversationalist

Are you using a mobile? If so some have a picture of a camera with arrows around it when you are on the camera screen.  touch this and the camera will point at you instead of away from you.  Clever really.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

I have a Samsung GT S5830 and I don't seem to be able to do that.

......................................................................................................................

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

I don't know how to use the camera on my phone....or if I did how to get the pictures off! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't help with the selfies - the general public has to be protected from sights like me in close up! If it's for the cancer research fundraiser that's currently doing the rounds, can I suggest an alternative please?

The Hadwen Trust believes in animal free research & would welcome funds for their research into cancer too. Much more humane  🙂

Don't know if links are allowed or not but will try anyway!

http://www.drhadwentrust.org/donate/online-shop/product/donation-to-cancer-research

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Good shout Royal Velvet Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

I did them with my phone pointed at me ,,,or point it towards a mirror and turn the phone round so the big side is facing you and take it that way too. If you see what i mean. You have to get the light right i found,,,most annoying. Its probably my annoying old fashioned phone actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Woman Happy

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

use a mirrorSmiley Very Happy

Petal
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

I thought it would be thought strange that idea but i see im not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ha ha . Wheres those selfies ladies???>

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

photo aselfie.gif

Petal
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Haaaaaaa haaaaaa i get your meaning Petal???. A real selfie IS just looking in the Mirror???. haaaa haaaaa.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Sorry no selfies for me, I don't think anyone would be interested, call me old fashioned but I have lots of things to do and apart from coming on here I try not to spend too much time on computers, or mobiles.

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Actually I have no intention of doing a selfie for any charity. Was just wondering how people do it.

I have taken a picture with a camera in the mirror, but have seen loads of people do it with a mobile but no mirror.

Was just wondering if there was a knack, or simply practice.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

I think it is probably practice some people, my son included do it all the time.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Just hold a good quality digital camera in both hands at arm's length, look towards the centre of the screen, glance slightly to one side or look slightly up, give the camera a few seconds to self-focus, and then press.  If it's a good quality camera like a Canon or Pentax, it'll know what to focus on, but don't look directly into the lens.  It'll make you look gormless - and don't smile.  I've done a couple myself, but I don't want to download them in case I disappoint everybody in what they see.  Over the internet you can be an exact double of Charles Bronson, whereas in real life, you could be Charlie Drake.  Apart from anything else, people might recognise me and laugh.  Anybody here exposed themselves - in the nicest possible way, of course!  Smiley LOL             

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Sometimes it looks nice if you look to the side or look to the side and up a bit instead of looking straight into the camera or mirror!!!.

Cat Tongue

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Selfies

Think the no make-up selfies are making a huge amount for McMillan and as for the c**k in a sock for testicular cancer welllllllllllllllllllllll >>>>>

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent