Saturdays steaming spring supper

Probably a snack tonight as we had our usual roast pork meal out today, and very lovely it was too, have been trying to tidy my desk today, but can't seem to get into it and keep getting distracted.

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

yoo hooo Ed, here I are.....

today we had spag bol, cobbled together by me, myself and I. Then for afters we had some coconut cake I made yesterday....lovely!

oooh Ed, I love roast pork especiall the crackling.

Photobucket

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Ham salad for us today.  We had fresh fruit for afters.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

king prawn stir fry with rice.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

I have been out all day so it's pork pie, salad & chips for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

I also have been busy today even though it's my weekend off, so I had ham salad, & fruit for afters & boy was I ready for it.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Homemade low-fat beefburgers, slimming world chips and salad
Photobucket
Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

My only day off this week so being lazy and will be a call to the local takeaway later with a lamb bhuna for me and a chicken tikka jalfrezi for him

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Fish and chips and mushy peas here tonight. 🙂

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

I had a Ready Meal Chicken Curry with a few Chips. The Curry was a Sainburys Basics and it was AMAZING. Just shows some of the cheaper meal things are ok.Cat Happy

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

I hope it was better than the lasagne I had the other week Rose cos I reckon I've found Shergar! Lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

I have never found a really nice 'shop' lasagne. Shame as it's a faf to cook it for one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

OOhhhhhhhhhhhh OOOhhhhh LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL, STOP IT SAM ha ha ha ha . I have had some like that. I had a Fish Pie the other month from somewhere and there was this long stringy thing in it. IT PUT ME RIGHT OFF. I wont eat Fish Pie NOW!!!!.

YUKKKKKKKY.

Woman Surprised

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Your right ! I don't very often buy ready meals but I was tired hungry& late at work so I thought I'll have it with a salad! Bad mistake. lol.
Yes Rose that brings a whole new meaning to line caught let's hope it was a line & not a fish worm yuck!
I think us single girls should club together to give ideas on meals for one, healthy, filling , comforting & delicious, ooh sorry also for the single males!. all too often I get home & can't be bothered to cook & end up with something on toast & fruit, boring!

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

I agree, I do have some ready meals with vegetables ,fresh ones or chips. Its hard to make stews and casseroles or bigger meals if you eat alone!. I know you can freeze things. When i worked in the evening i used to get home late and tired so wanted something quick. They have to be for me a bit on a budget,,although again sometimes i shop in Marks and Spencer to have a treat lunch. I do cook but sometimes lately, with not feeling well some days or just busy, i cant be bothered to faddle about. It would be good to get ideas.

Woman Happy

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

I always cook from scratch & freeze several portions so that I can get a container out of the freezer in the morning & know that dinner won't take long when I get in from work.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

I seem to always find something I would rather be doing than batch cooking. You are very organised Gina but you have to be if you are working full time. I do make stews & spag bol in batches when I am in the mood but to be honest I would rather be sewing! 

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

I also work full time usually starting at 5.30 am, if I'm lucky I get home at about 4pm. Then I have to feed etc on the farm, by the time I've had a bath & completed my paperwork which I bring home with me, the last thing I want to be doing is batch cooking, I'm frequently in bed by 9pm at the latest earlier if I'm on call . But I do envy your organised food regime I know I should try & do something similar at weekends if I'm off but find I want to chill out instead!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

With hubby and I having such different tastes in food, I do a lot of batch cooking as I cook two 'single' meals half the time.  Even the batches of stew I make I have to make separately because he has bland chicken with no garlic or curry powder  or anything and I have beef with herbs and spices. I eat a lot of meat and he doesn't eat meat but eats a lot of cheese and eggs. I freeze rice/egg/cheese dishes and pasta/ tuna dishes for him so meal times aren't so bad.  I've been known to give him a ready made meal (very rarely) but I just couldn't face one!!  YUKKK!  Smiley Surprised

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

What you single ladies need to do is organise a swap circle - find a number of other single ladies and you all agree to make one huge batch of a single dish. You freeze it in single portions then all swap.

We used to be part of a swap circle, it was a big group, so you only had to cook about once a fortnight. My specialities were chilli and a lamb hotpot. I would also sometimes do chicken breast in mushroom sauce and a vegetable soup. The soup was made with whatever was cheap and in season.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent