Roller Blinds (black out)???

Looking to purchase a Roller Blind for a large window in my Kitchen.  I have noticed that some refer to being 'Black Out'.  Now, not sure whether to buy a general type or a black-out type for my Kitchen.

Can anyone offer any helpful advice?

Thanks,

amethyst

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I think it depends on how much light you want to block out?

More for a bedroom I would have thought,personally I wouldn't bother paying the extra for a blackout blind in a room where I wasn't sleeping.....but that's just meeee... smilie massive teeth.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you twishy, makes great sense.  I was fine just looking at colours, until these two choices!

General it is.

Thanks again,

amethyst

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Well you don't often hear the words 'Twishy' and 'great sense' in the same sentence.....

Think I need a lie down....smilie thud.gif

oh, ya welcome by the way Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

i am with the very sensible twishy.i only have blackout curtains in the bedrooms.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

We bought some black out roller blinds and not sure if it was the type that we bought but they would not have been suitable for a kitchen due to condensation, but they are brilliant for bedrooms.  I think in a kitchen normal roller blinds would be ideal.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Doubt that you would really want a black out in the kitchen would you?  Up here in NE Scotland they are popular for bedrooms as it stays light for a couple of months per year, but a bit of light in the kitchen wouldn't bother me.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Are you talking about a proper black out blind or just a blind made with thicker material.

A 'true' blackout blind is a lot more expensive than a normal blind because of how it is made.

You have channels with nylons bushes in them that the sides of the blind run in.. then on the window ledge you have a channel that the blind locks into.

Any thing other than this is not a 'true' black out blind.

Quite expensive and of no use in a kitchen.

We had one made for our cinema room...

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I knew somebody who was having a shower when the doorbell ran.  She opened the window a few inches.  "Who is it?"

She called

"Blind man."  Came the reply.  She groaned.

"One moment, I'll be down."  She came down inappropriately dressed with just a towel round her hear, opened the door a few inches and gave him a £2.00 coin.  The man smiled.

"Thank you kindly, Missie.  Where do you want your blinds?"

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent