Reduced for quick sale. Some Bargain!

I was browsing through the "Reduced for quick sale" shelf at Sainsburys when I was in fits of laughter.  Among the items "going cheap" was a bottle of berer. "Normal price £2.00 - reduced for quick sale - £1.99"  WOW!   Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL ROTF!!!

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

rushes past fred to get the bargain of the year......eh up....coming throughget a move on smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

@captainbovine wrote:

rushes past fred to get the bargain of the year......eh up....coming throughget a move on smiley.gif

CB..you made me piddle a bit ya nutty moo Woman Surprised

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

beejeebers, now I'd having to go down the tenna aisle.....

bouncy laffin smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

@captainbovine wrote:

beejeebers, now I'd having to go down the tenna aisle.....

bouncy laffin smiley.gif

P8yWF0F6kpyGdpmd3eDG.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Was in that supemarket yesterday

Mincemeat jars reduced to 5p - grabbed a couple.  

I'll need the jars when i make jam/chutney/pickle/marmalade later in the year.  Made the marmalade a couple of weeks ago!

Photobucket
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

I remember WH Smith having a special Christmas offer, two £5.99 books for only £12.

On the other hand, in a different supermarket last month I spotted packets of cereal that are £1.59 each marked "Buy three for £3.00".

Now, I thought that might be an error and that it should have said two instead of three but I knew they'd get eaten anyway so I bought three of each.

Lo and behold, when I saw what rang up at the checkout it was indeed three for £3.00, meaning it was cheaper to buy three than it was to buy two. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

I dont do the shopping......... but hubby does..... where is the tenna ladies aisle..........

good god leave you lot for a week and you are stark raving loonies (online) cause we know you are in person

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

I was buying tinned tomatoes in Sainsbury's the other day - a pack of 4 was £2, but a pack of 4 with one missing was reduced to......£1.99  !  Unable to resist a bargain, I bought a pack of 4 at £2.  (Singles were £1 each)

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

It's the same as a four-pack of lager - if there's one missing you will invariably pay the cost of three cans of lager.  You gain nothing.  It's a con.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent