Midweek breakfast

Good morning everybody Smiley Happy

Normally I have three rashers of bacon with a fried egg and fried tomatoes, but being Type 2 diabetic I knew it wasn't good for me, so this morning I decided to have something different:

I had a poached egg on a slice of toast with a cup of tea, and I feel ten times better for it! Smiley Very Happy  None of that greasy oil which I tend to mop up with a slice of bread and margerine - you know it's wrong, but like a drug, your body craves for more - doh!

I find eggs - I'm supposed to limit them to five a week, fill me up about an hour afterwards and then sustains you for several hours.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Midweek breakfast

Well done Frederick ! Baby steps but on the right track, you know it makes sense!.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

Bacon sandwiches for us today, last day of my holiday so thought we would have a treat, I buy the lean rashers, not as nice as the fatty ones but a bit better for us.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

but I got told to have more protein....as I know I eat too many carbs...

I don't have fried breakfast very often, so when I work it's either toast or cereal,

I love eggs though.

Photobucket

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

It is usually a low-fat yoghurt eaten in the car, on the way to either work or the hospital.

No breakfast on a Friday as that is my regular day on the operating theatre, and although they never give me an anaesthetic, I am not supposed to eat "just in case".

At the weekend, I might be lucky enough to get a fried egg on toast - it is however dry fried with no fat or oil, and no butter on the toast.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

We normally only have eggs twice a week at the most.  We always have scrambled egg on toast on a Sunday and the rest of the week, we have cereal.  Sometimes, we have an egg each midweek.  I do like eggs though.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

at the moment the hens are laying so well that we are having quite a few eggs, in fact I am pretty sick of them!

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

I never eat breakfast!

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

Porridge with natural yogurt all year round, I sometimes have a cooked breakfast on Sunday if I'm in the mood.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

I have had my first session with the Diabetes Nurse, but basically she told me that as she knew I had a lot on my plate (I have FIL in hospital with a life expectancy of 12 weeks) I should just read all the booklets and leaflets she gave me.

I really don't have time at the mo, so just going by what she said, I'm limited to porridge or weetabix for breakfast.

Been told to avoid all foods containing sugar and have one carb free meal a day.

Really struggling to know what to eat.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

Please don't think I'm prying but what is FIL?.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

Father in law saasher,

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

Oh! I'm so sorry, the extra stress won't help even more important that you eat properly& rest !

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

I just eat two slices of Fruit Loaf for breakfast. Im not into Porridge or cereals but some seem to insist cereals are a must for good diet??. Surely you get it in other ways without HAVING to have cereals??. I just wonder about this?.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Midweek breakfast

It's the fibre in it Rose. The english diet doesn't contain much fibre which is why diverticulitis and other illnesses like this are more prevelant not (got told this by an a&e doctor when mum had one of her admissions with it), cereal is often the only source of fibre that some people have
Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent