Magazine Rack

I know we sometimes do not get time but i do like Magazines, and i know their expensive, some of them anyway. I do get Best every week without fail and like Essentials and Prima. Do others have any favourite magazines or do subscriptions?. There are so many they make the eyes boggle in the shops. I do also like Closer and Reveal aswell and do not just want to read about Celebrities all the time. I like all the doctor articles or problem pages and little bits and pieces about cooking and make up and things.

Woman Very Happy 

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Magazine Rack

I used to get " The Lady" but as per usual it ended up all adverts, & to be quite honest I don't really need a Butler! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

NOT ONE LIKE THIS??,,oh you dont want one then?. LOL no fighting ladies please.a butler.jpeg

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I used to buy quilting mags but they soon start repeating the same stuff. I do have a couple of hundred in the wardrobe though! Some are well over £5 a copy to buy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I get Take a Break, Thats Life and Chat every week as I like the puzzles.

Always enter the competitions, but never won anything.

My friend won the biggie in Take a Break a while ago, £3000

Photobucket
Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

Too much muscle not enough brain! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I get Take a Break each week but I just don't have time to read it.  I only do the sudoku and I give them all to someone I know.

I never get time to read books any more either because I only ever read in bed and  I fall asleep the minute my head touches the pillow. Woman Sad

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

i know only buy them to lay in the bath and read  maybe thats life and take a break.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I used to have a subscription for a monthly dog magazine, but it had to go due to the latest economy drive, I do miss it but couldn't justify the cost any longer.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I used to get Gardeners World, but once you've got the full year, well that's it isn't it,it's all repetition after that.

For years I got Homes and Antiques but it went rubbish so that went, oh and I used to buy Ideal Home when we first got married 36yrs ago...should have kept them, they'll be modern now!!

Photobucket

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

@saasher2012 wrote:
Too much muscle not enough brain! lol.

Your probably BANG ON THERE HUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I used to get Your Cat but its got too much to justify that now,,,only once in a while for a treat do i get that.smily cat.gif

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I'm a magazine addict

I have a subscription to Good Housekeeping and I get a few from the supermarket (Sainsbury's mag is very good, Good Food, Gardners World)

Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Magazine Rack

I used to do Take a Break, but the trouble was the competitions were so easy they more or less constituted a free draw.  The only thing I used to go for was the car which used to be the top prize.  My daughter buys it but I do Chat, which is marginally more difficult, but it isn't really rocket science.  I find the problem with these type of magazines is they tend to be very women orientated, with the same format.  There's always a shock/horror story followed by seventeen reasonably easy competitions.  The most challenging thing I find is the sudoku which I can't do at all.  I used to pass that one every week to a work colleague and promise him a fiver if I ever won.

"A fiver!"  He'd snort in mock contempt - it's worth £250.00.  Had I won I would have been the happiest man in the workd giving him £125.00, but it wasn't to be.  Now I'm retired I give it to my daughter, Miss Clever Clogs.  She was only doing them for a few months when she won £100.00! on Take a Break.  We had the letter framed.  Of course it's hopeless having a game of Monopoly as one of the Community Chests cards reads: You have won a crossword competition - collect £100.00 and everybody laughs.

In the mean time I secretly do the Euromillions every Friday and say the sinner's prayer:

"Lord, I know I'm a sinner, but please, make me a winner!  Amen!" Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent