Itchy, itchy spider.............

Was sat at my computer this morning when I felt something tickle my wrist; I flicked it away then realised it was one of those huge spiders! Oh, I hate them. It went behind my moniter (maybe it was trying to surf the web!) Anyway it vanished for a few hours, so I was jumpy all the time wondering where it was, then I saw it on the ceiling and was  able to "deal with it." I'm still itchy at the thought of it. Yuk.

Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

suprised fainting smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

The only spiders I don't like are tarantulas and scorpions.  The rest I can put up with.  Sad I know.

Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

I was wearing a black jumper. CB, so the darned thing was camoflauged! (Not sure I've spelt that right.) Good job it turned up otherwise I would have stayed up tonight. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

smily shock.gifOhhhh i got shivers now!!!!!! LOL.

Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

I feel quite sorry for them - the lead such solitary lives - I mean you've never seen one with a companion, have you?

Talking of which, did you hear about the homosexual spider?  Kept playing with his mate's flies?  Geddit?  No?  Ooh, please yourself then.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

lol. They lead solitary lives cos they consider each other as prey, & in their world the male has to be very careful when he goes courting it could &

very often is, his

last romantic encounter!

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Sorry I don't know what happened with that! lol

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

I don't mind spiders at all,  a tarantula might be a different matter, but you don't get to meet them much do you.

Now snakes.................  a different matter totaly.

Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

Yes I agree , it doesn't matter how often people say they're not nasty & they won't bite I for one don't want to put it to the test!.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

wouldn't get me close enough to find out, when we went to Longleat there was the most enormous Python you had ever seen huuuuuuuuuuuuge he was, I moved away faster than a speeding bullet.  OH thought it hilarious until he was asked if he wanted to hold it, then he said ah no I must go and find my wife, ha! not normally bothered what I do.

Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

lol. Why do they insist on wrapping a constrictor around your neck. Err! I don't think so thank you!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

errgh I've gone all shivery now yuk

Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

I have no problem with either spiders or snakes. Don't like the big tarantulas though. We get the false widow spiders down here so have to be a bit careful as their bite can be nasty!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

Now here's something you might not know - despite the nasty filthy places they inhabit, spiders themselves harbour no germs whatsoever.  We have two holes in which we breathe - they have eight, located on their back.  A spider is terrified of you.  In a spider's eye, you look like the side of a mountain closing in on it.  They are also immensely strong.  Ever wondered why a fly will get trapped in a web?  A strand of thread is as thich as a steel cable, so a fly can see it - it's because the web emits a smell which the spider finds irristible, like the smell of bread coming from a baker - you find yourself crossing the road to be near it.  Also the fact that a fly in flight travels at the speed of a jet aircrafy in rlation to its body has something  to do with it.

As Michael Caine would say: "Not a lot of people know that!"  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

My ex partner had a Boa Constrictor in this flat when i first came to live here. One day i had too much to drink went to sleep in the afternoon in bed,. My partner went over the pub and later when he came in the thing had escaped from its tank and was curled up underneath the BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Our cat Bubbles was about a year old at the time and im surprised she was not eaten!!!. The snake was not fully grown but BIG ENOUGH!!!!. So i had been blissfully unaware there was a BOA under my bed LOL.

And worse still my partner called her ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Woman Surprised

Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

That's one bed companion I wouldn't like to squeeze me Rose.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

Most certainly not,,, i would not want to run my hands up and down  that smooth skin euugggggg wahhhhhh Shiveryyyyy LOOOL

Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

LOL. The mind boggles!LOL.

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

OMG and they just had Snakes on The Paul o Grady Show,,,,,,,,,,anyway im sorry i changed the whole theme of this thread SPIDERSxxxx eughhhh

Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent