If your life were a soap opera which one would it be.

I'm on a roll tonight.

Mine would be Emmerdale as I live in the country. There is a certain amount of skullduggery around the time of the summer show, sit ins regarding building new houses and knocking down the very old village hall. We have a pub a lot like the woolpack, where when you walk in every one stops talking, that usually lasts a while we are just about accepted now after 10 years.
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

mouse4702
Conversationalist

Dunno about Emmerdale Ed, yours's got shades of The Wicker Man!

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Ha ha. Ooooh I really dont like that film. However you could be right.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I too am emmerdale ............................. and for exactly the same reasons as Ed , well except that I am the local in the pub who stood and stared at the newbies

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Nope, they'd have to write a new one for me and my family.  Great script, psycho mother, oblivious mostly absent Father (away working, lucky him), 5 siblings, one escapee (me) deemed black sheep by mother, one early death 52, well they love a funeral on the soaps don't they?  My 2 marriages to, let's say, men of means, much to my mother's disgust, and from the 5 siblings only one child of the next generation produced, my devoted son, lol Woman LOL  Now awol in Oz.  Four siblings left, one with terminal cancer, and the other three could drink for Scotland. One unemployed (Bachelor of Science), would he like to work in retail?, eerm, no, he's 55.  Another sibling (approved electrician) who has had 6 jobs in the past 18 months, because he won't work with foreigners, Woman Surprised  I've talked to him, and actually he's quite funny, I'm jist no dayin it, he says.  So, on the job, he just says, Right Boss, that's me off.   Father sheltering in the safety of East Yorkshire.  When he left my mother she 'banned' my other siblings from, mentioning him or having any contact with him, which left me, hence the black sheep.  Didn't see his 4 other children for 20 years, except at family funerals. So I'm left with the fall out.

See why I need a sense of humour.  Wanna swap? 

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Father Ted...no there aren't any priests locked in the cupboard, but I seem to spend all my time making sandwhiches and he shouts for a coffee all the time.!!

oh and we are mad as a box of frogs too....looney scientist smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Sorry Ed for killing your thread stone dead.

I made it all up - we were as happy as sand boys Woman LOL

Come on folks - no replies = no threads = no board.

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Well since I spend at least half of my life at the hossie it would have to be either Casualty or Holby City.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent