I have heard it all now.

Government thinking of making teachers responsible for the supervision of children brushing their teath when they get to school.

And the parents do what....
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

I have heard it all now.

i also have just been listening to this and i have never heard anything so ludicrous in my life .

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny!.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

How absolutely stupid can you get?  It could only be some stupid politician could come up with this.

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Not April 1st is it? Also paying doctors a £50 bonus for doing what they should be doing in the first place!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Just what are we paying politicians for?  Somehow, I didn't think that is was to come up with ideas like this.

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Talk about nanny state. Stop giving kiddies bottles of sugary squash. In fact just stop selling sugary drinks.
Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:
 In fact just stop selling sugary drinks.

That would still be a nanny state ed.  I'd say you meant 'Just stop buying them'! Woman Wink

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

I did CG. if we didn't buy them they would soon stop making them.
Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

I still dont understand why someone would give a child a sugary drink when you can buy sugar free if you must give them pop.
Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Isn't that because sugar free drinks contain artificial sweeteners that are even worse for you?

I felt guilty recently, I asked a friend's son if he'd like a drink of orange squash.  He said, 'I don't tend to drink sugary drinks, thanks'  He's six!!  I felt such a bad grown up!!!  Woman Sad

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

A lot of the drinks have natural sweeteners as opposed to the ones that give you the trots.
Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Or water even....
Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:
I still dont understand why someone would give a child a sugary drink when you can buy sugar free if you must give them pop.

Ed - my daughter wouldn't drink squash because she didn't like sweeteners(and that was as a toddler!!!).  We always have the sugar version but do not drink it very often.  OH bought a bottle of sugar free ginger beer the other day(no artificial it said) by mistake and after one mouthful he poured the entire bottle down the sink because it left a nasty taste in his mouth.

Both my children had good teeth (son has had problems but not sugar related) as children but they really didn't like fizzy drinks, daughter was 10 when she first drank coke and son has never touched fizzy to this day. They usually had fruit juice at least once a day, a small glass with a meal.  They also avoided fruit(which was why they got juice). 

Personally I think enforcing a regime of regular teeth cleaning at appropriate times of day and supervision until they can be relied on to do it right(or are too big to headlock LOL) works.  Some parents just let the child brush themselves far too early.  Mind you remember one schoolmate of daughters having to have teeth out in hospital and 'arent explaining to the teacher that it certainly wasn't diet connected - hmm no? - just maybe the large bag of mixup the child was seen to eat every morning on the way to school which was twin to the one she was handed on the way out of school might possibly have explained the tooth decay.  Some parents need educating.

Easier in the "old" days.  My Mother drummed into us to clean our teeth before we went out.  Since we went out most of the time and only came in for meals it ensured teeth were always cleaned after meals.  As a result every time I pop to a shop i trudge upstairs and clean my teeth even if I only did them 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Some habits are hard to break.

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

Sugar free tastes disgusting!

There's one reason!

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

Why moan at the politicians? have a thinks about why there may be a need for such supervision at school!

Effing useless parents are managing the feck up their kids and so teachers end up having to take up the slack.

Do you think all kids brush twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months? An who's fault is that!

As for all the piousness about sugary drinks and juices blah blah blah.......................... everything in moderation is the answer, it isn’t hard; except for many feckless parents which is why my life gets impinged upon by a Nanny State!!!

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@lambsy_uk wrote:

Why moan at the politicians? have a thinks about why there may be a need for such supervision at school!

Effing useless parents are managing the feck up their kids and so teachers end up having to take up the slack.

Do you think all kids brush twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months? An who's fault is that!

As for all the piousness about sugary drinks and juices blah blah blah.......................... everything in moderation is the answer, it isn’t hard; except for many feckless parents which is why my life gets impinged upon by a Nanny State!!!

Wo easy tiger,  personally I think sugar free and ones with sugar taste the same, too sweet.

The point I was making originally was that why should teachers pick up the slack for those parents who do not supervise their childrens teath cleaning.  It isn't piousness about sugary drinks it's common sense.

It is very easy for perfect parents to poke the finger at imperfect ones perhaps they should be the ones who supervise the childrens teath cleaning.

Perhaps these bad parents should board their children at school so they can totally hand over the care of their children to the state.  Now that would be a solution, Schools open 24 hours aday, Teachers, feeding healthy food, brushing the childrens teath and wiping their btms.

That way the usless parents can get on with their lives with no obligations to their children at all.

But then how would we decide who was a useless parent and who was perfect, answers on a postcard please.

Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

The point I was making originally was that why should teachers pick up the slack for those parents who do not supervise their childrens teath cleaning.  It isn't piousness about sugary drinks it's common sense.

No teachers shouldn't have to pick up the slack but we have comments on here such as "It could only be some stupid politician could come up with this" with little or no mention of the lacking in parental responsibility that has led to it. At least the stupid politicians are taking their responsibilities seriously!

As for sugary drinks no one should need to go one about "my kids would drink this or wouldn't drink that, I never gave my kids this and that blah blah blah". Any sensible parent can manage to give their kids a varied diet that can include all and disclude nothing as long as all is in moderation. Parents should have no need to ban fizzy drinks or force feed juices, a happy balance is easily achieved!

It is very easy for perfect parents to poke the finger at imperfect ones perhaps they should be the ones who supervise the childrens teath cleaning. Perhaps these bad parents should board their children at school so they can totally hand over the care of their children to the state.  Now that would be a solution, Schools open 24 hours aday, Teachers, feeding healthy food, brushing the childrens teath and wiping their btms. That way the usless parents can get on with their lives with no obligations to their children at all.

Well if we want stupidity to carry on further through the generations why not just carry on as we are!

But then how would we decide who was a useless parent and who was perfect, answers on a postcard please.

Easy; "follow a stupid kid home and see if someone stupid don't answer the door"!

In other words stupid kids have stupid parents so they are easily identified!

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

I'm not a parent, but in fairness I think & this is through observation, no parent is perfect you can only do your best & teach them good values, it's quite common nowadays for families to be fractured not always an easy position to be in whatever the reasons!.
However even with a good stable home children can & do take a different path & there is nothing you can do about it but try to support them & hope they return to the right one!.
Most of the problem stems I'm afraid from children having children, you have been lucky so far I just hope your words don't come back to bite you on your b*m. " there but for the grace of God" or " walk a mile in my shoes" springs to mind. 😉😀

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

I have heard it all now.

@saasher2012 wrote:
I'm not a parent, but in fairness I think & this is through observation, no parent is perfect you can only do your best & teach them good values, it's quite common nowadays for families to be fractured not always an easy position to be in whatever the reasons!.
However even with a good stable home children can & do take a different path & there is nothing you can do about it but try to support them & hope they return to the right one!.
Most of the problem stems I'm afraid from children having children, you have been lucky so far I just hope your words don't come back to bite you on your b*m. " there but for the grace of God" or " walk a mile in my shoes" springs to mind. 😉😀

No parent is perfect but we are talking about cleaning teeth not smoking and drugs. If fractured lives and children having children are a problem then why moan and call politicians stupid when they try to tackle an issue?!

The only way this will come back and bite my bum is if I forget to buy them a new tooth brush sometime, as they are already in a dental care regime.

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent