I have heard it all now.

Government thinking of making teachers responsible for the supervision of children brushing their teath when they get to school.

And the parents do what....
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: I have heard it all now.

I was neither talking or mentioned smoking, drugs, or politicians, cleaning teeth is & should be learnt in the home , my point was that you have children teaching or not in this case children in this fundamental hygiene routine!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
I was neither talking or mentioned smoking, drugs, or politicians, cleaning teeth is & should be learnt in the home , my point was that you have children teaching or not in this case children in this fundamental hygiene routine!!.

My point was no parent is perfect but surely teeth cleaning is at the lower end of the scale of difficulties in parental guidance.

Then as you say we have children teaching children and therefore we should welcome any help through intervention that is proposed.

Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

For years now schools have been teaching about the dangers of drugs alcohol and underage sex. We still have 14 year olds having babies, taking drugs and drinking. Surely these things are far more important to get sorted and teath cleaning just seams to be worrying about the wrong thing to me. When I was young the dentist shoeed me how to clean my teath and told me the importance of doing it properly. However nowadays a lot of people are unable to see a dentist. I still believe that parents should take care of the smaller things in life like teath cleaning , personal hygiene and manners.
My son is lucky enough to have great teath. We didnt do anything special we showed him when he was tiny and it just came naturally after that it isnt rocket science.
I still feel teachers have a lot more important things to teach our children tjan how to brush their teath which lets face it they should have been doing for a number of years before they started school.
Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

Thankyou Ed ! That was my point but you put it more clearly & eloquently !.
In fact in some circumstances t/paste & brushes are way down the list of priorities,
& not every parent is a smoker or drinker they are hard put to pay bills & put food on the table, through no fault of their own!.
If they are to do these sort of things in School then they should employ a qualified person to do it & leave the Teachers to do what they were trained for!
In fact I consider personal hygiene a very important subject for a child to be taught , but it should start in the home first!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

I wish someone would educate my iPad to stop putting amp after my ands!😡

**********Sam**********
Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:
For years now schools have been teaching about the dangers of drugs alcohol and underage sex. We still have 14 year olds having babies, taking drugs and drinking. Surely these things are far more important to get sorted and teath cleaning just seams to be worrying about the wrong thing to me. When I was young the dentist shoeed me how to clean my teath and told me the importance of doing it properly. However nowadays a lot of people are unable to see a dentist. I still believe that parents should take care of the smaller things in life like teath cleaning , personal hygiene and manners.
My son is lucky enough to have great teath. We didnt do anything special we showed him when he was tiny and it just came naturally after that it isnt rocket science.
I still feel teachers have a lot more important things to teach our children tjan how to brush their teath which lets face it they should have been doing for a number of years before they started school.

I also believe they have better things to do than teach about the dangers of drugs and underage sex. Trouble is many parents are found wanting and are not great role models when it comes to these issues either!

I do think schools teaching kids to brush teeth is ridiculous but I also think the need for education about drugs and underage sex is too!

The wider point is that the politians who have proposed this have done so with good intentions, so no need for people to be calling them stupid. We should try sorting out the stupid parents, but then politicians are an easy target.

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent