Has anyone got these new ceramic pans?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

I see them advertised a lot - but the cheapest is about twenty quid.  Lo and behold, Argooooos are advertising a set of 4 on here ("deals") at £21.95 the set!  I just wonder if they are worth a punt.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Not heard of them. I like my stainless steel ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

If you read up on them they don't sound very good. Woman Sad

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Me too. I got a set of 3 for a tenner about 15 years ago and they are going strong, they're non-stick and as they say, don't owe me a penny. I wonder if these ceramic ones are like the enamel sets you used to be able to buy at the budget end of the market
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

I've got the frying pan ..... I like it  🙂

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

I am afraid I love my Stainless steel ones too, mine arn't non stick so you can scour them, burn them whatever and they still come up looking like new.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

I use a ceramic frying pan all the time. You can cook a full english without any fat or oil with nothing sticking
Photobucket
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Must admit that I've never tried them.  I prefer our stainless steel ones as well.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I bought a set of 3 frying pans that were in a reduced to clear section as I had been looking at the ceramic pans for some time but didn't want to pay a lot just to try them. I think they are great, nothing sticks and they can just be wiped round after use. Am now thinking about investing in some other ceramic dishes. The frying pans can be used with no oil, or just a little oil if you prefer so have got to be a healthier form of cooking. They feel pretty light weight compared with my other frying pans so no good for cracking OH across the head!!(joking, honestly)

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

yeah myra we know you keep the wooden rolling pin for cracking him on the head with !   Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

No, I kept my old pans for hitting him with - rolling pin not quite so effective.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

So, how do these new ceramic pans measure up for clonking a "loved" one?
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent