Good Heavens all in one day

RIP lovely John Bardon. A True gentleman. God Bless him

RIP Sir Donald Sindon.

RIP Iain Pasley

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

I was just thinking that all bad news today.
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Its so sad, Poor John Bardon 7 years he has really struggled after his massive stroke. My hubby played golf with him all the time, he was a really lovely person
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I only heard about Sir Donald Sinden.  Don't think I've heard of John Bardon.

it comes to us all.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Dots hubby in Eastenders
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Oh yes, I can picture him now.  Don't watch EE but I used to years ago, yes, he had a stroke didn't he.

I think Sinden was 91, Bardon 75 and Paisley 88, so not a bad innings really I suppose.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes that's right. The last few years he has been unable to speak much, and needed 24 hour care. Shame he loved his golf and his EE part.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I'd only heard that Donald Sinden had died.  I hadn't heard of John Bardon but I never watch Eastenders.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

I think most people would know him from Eastenders, but he was also in Rumpole of the Bailey, and the Musical Kiss me Kate, but Eastenders made him known to more people I think.  His comedy routines with Dot were very funny, a bit like Jack and Vera from Corrie.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Let's not forget actor Howell Evans, beloved to so many in Wales as "Daddy" from the comedy drama Stella. I can't speak for the so-called Rev. Ian Paisley, but the actors have left a legacy of great comic work and made millions of people smile. You really can't have a better epitaph. Incidentally, my younger sister does a cracking Donald Sinden impersonation.
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent