Gastroenterologist appt - can I have your good wishes please?

Tomorrow I have to see the Gastroenreologist as my blood results have indicated inflammation on two of the different things tested for. Several years ago, I had to have a colonoscopy on the insistence of the most arrogant Gastroenterologist ever; I told him that my Crohns was the best it had been for a long time. But no, he went ahead and the result was that he perforated my bowel in 2 places and I ended up fighting for my life with Faecal Peritonitis and Septicaemia. I was  just going into Septic shock when they did the emergency op. I'm still living with the consequences of what happened, won't go into all the details. Now, we have a locum Gastro who is very nice, is young, but just the thought of seeing him is getting me on edge, even though I'm trying to stay calm. Please can my friends on here give me some good wishes that I can think about whilst I am sat waiting to see him in the morning? Will let you know how I get on. My neighbour is going with me, as she knows how unsupportive my O/H is. Wouldn't like to go on my own. Thank you. heart

Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Good Wishes and all the best for tomorrow.

Hope everything works out OK

Photobucket
Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

I know nothing about such procedures but I wish you the very best of luck and care.  I hope everything goes much better than you're hoping for. XX.

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

My best wishes go with you on what must be a scary day for you, try & stay calm & explain your fears to your consultant, easier said than done I know, I'm glad you are not going on your own & that you have a friend to support you, once again best wishes. Sandra.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

Keep your chin up Carol,our thoughts will be with you tomorrow, glad your friend is going with you, happy thoughts are on their way to you, Vicky

Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

Explain to him why you are so concerned & make sure he listens. Glad you are not going alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

Carol GOOD LUCK!. Im glad someones going with you. Dont be afraid. Try to breathe easily and calmly. I know its not easy love. I will be thinking of you and you have full support on here. heart

Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

Hope all goes well - will be thinking of you. Hope you don't have to wait very long to see the consultant

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

For Gawds sake don't clench.......

clench.jpg

You know I luvs ya really heart

Hope everything goes well and you get good news and good to hear that someone will be with you ....Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

Trust you twish!!! Woman Surprised

Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

Best wishes for tomorrow. Write a list of questions you want to ask and pass it to your friend. If you feel apprehensive sometimes you can forget what to ask and your friend will be there to support you. Hope all goes well or you Carol. Good luck.

Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

that's excellent advice from Calibra.

I'm sure you'll be fine if you just remember it's your body and no one can do anything to you if you don't want them to. Good luck and I'm sure things will be OK.

Let's know how you get on. xxx

Photobucket

Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

Thank you everyone. Yes, I'll let you know how I get on. Will refuse a colonoscopy; they found a different way to look at my bowel a few years ago, they'll have to do the same this time if they want to look. xx

Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow.  I always think that it's better to have someone with you when go for a hospital appointment and you seem to have a very good friend and neighbour going with you tomorrow.  It's a good idea to right questions down as I find I tend to get all muddled and the questions I have thought of go out of the window.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you and I will be thinking of you.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 35
See Most Recent

thinking  of you tomorrow carole.

just remember two things

firstly imagine him naked that will make you smile and relax.

and secondly if he askes to see your bowels tell him they are in a cardboard box as you have emptied your kitchen cupboards .

oops sorry wrong bowels but it will make him smile

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

Best wishes for tomorrow and will be thinking of you xx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

Thanks you lovely peeps. Trying to keep myself busy, still emptying cupboards! Doesn't time drag when you have something to do that you aren't looking forward to? Think I might sit there blushing tomorrow if  I imagine him naked - he's quite good looking, LOL

Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

Very good luck, will soon be over and done with.

Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

Chin up & good luck for today. xxx. Sandra.

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

Thanks, Sandra xx I was awake all night, worrying, so feel tired out this morning. My appt is at 11-35, but they usually run late, which I think is the worst part, sat waiting. Will let you know what happens. xx

Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent