Do you sell for one another?

It might be a grey area, but if a friend - you must have some Smiley Very Happyis going away for a few weeks, rather than him/her wind down the ads for a few weeks, do you automatically swing them across on to your site and become an unpaid agent?  I see no harm in it, because if the item sells, you pick up positive feedback.  Once they're back home, all you do is press "end" and they can then just relist and carry on as normal.  So you'd pay something for the insertion fees, but it wouldn't be a great deal, and your friend would just settle up with you once they got back.  Obviously it would have to be a friend.  Or what if somebody you knew didn't have a computer or wasn't on eBay.  Would you do it for them?  Not everybody has eBay and it wouldn't be worth their while registering and all that if they're only selling one or two items once in a blue moon.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Yes I would do it for some one I knew I see no harm in it , as you say not everyone has a computer & as long as it was above board , & correctly priced & described & that you both were in agreement of fees etc. I'm not so sure on selling for someone who's away though it could get complicated.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

I have sold things for other people (friends) with no problems. They have just paid me the listing & FVF at the end of the auction. I only do it occasionally though because it takes time & I would rather be doing something else! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

I have sold the odd item for someone else, but generally just my own stuff...
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

I have sold things for my son on my account but I did all the listings etc ....he got the payment ....I just got a warm glow in helping out my son....

I would not sell for anyone else as if things did go wrong then it is the sellers account that is damaged ...
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes, but remember you get the benefit of picking up positive feedback if it sells.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or the negative.....................

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Unfortunately you can also pick up neg feedback , I only say this because if it's not what you normally sell & it's not up to parr it can bring loads of aggro & in the end it's you that carries the can!

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Oh, yes.  I was forgetting that!  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

lol. Yep! Always something to spoil it.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

I haven't ....... in fact I haven't even sold anything myself for well over a year.
I'd happily sell for a friend though as long as it was something I would be happy to sell myself

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

No, I haven't sold anything for anyone else but I would if it was for a close friend.

I have bought things on their behalf when asked.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes I have sold things for my son, but I make sure I have a really good description first, because it is normally games or DVDs, or clothing.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent