Desperately seeking a home for a horse.

Hello all,

My horsey sister has reared this horse and trained it to sell on but it is not selling.

She is in desperate need of a home for it as she can no longer afford to keep it, Her financial situation has changed and she cannot affor d the rent on the land and cannot afford to feed it or the vets bills when ever they arise.

She is desperately trying to find it a home and is willing to even give it away if someone is willing to give it a home permanently.

Does anyone know of anywhere around the country of such a place, the horse would have to be collected as my sister now has no way of transporting it as she has had to sell her horse box.

I do know the poster creeky at one time had dealings with a horse maybe if you are around creeky you may know of such a place.

I would be most grateful for any help at all, many thanks.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

There is a charity called Horse World that might know of somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

there is a horse charity called Bransgore I think it's in Lincoln....

Photobucket

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Thank you Ilovetopatch, I have noted that one and passed it on to my sister. xx

CB thank you too, noted and will let my sister know of that one.  xx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

She could also try advertising it on one of the pet rehome websites - I can't think of any names of the top of my head, but I know I've seen some on the internet that have horses on.  She really ought to try to avoid the RSPCA, though, because apart from all their political shenanigans, they have a very bad track record over putting healthy horses down.

Depending on how big it is - they tend to only use bigger horses - she could try a local hunt, and see if they are looking for hunt staff's horses, or know of anyone looking for a horse.  She could also look up the number for the local Pony Club and ask the DC there is she knows anyone looking.  Depends on the timings, though - or perhaps the local vet?  (Our vet turned up with a donkey foal very many years ago, claiming that Mrs Hefzi had asked him to find one: both my mother and grandmother denied all knowledge :-D)

There are also some free ad services, though if she needs to move it very quickly that might not be an option - but if so, she could perhaps put it out on loan until her financial situation improves?

Poor her, anyway - it's heartbreaking 😞

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Forgot to say - if she's close to my parents, she can have somewhere for it for free, if that helps?  If it lives out, food's not a problem - if it lives in, I can come to some arrangement with my folks (and same for vet bills). Feel free to PM me.  (I am very good at finding stary animals for my parents to look after :-D)

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

What a lovely offer hefzi...& what a lovely person you are Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

here here Merc, glad to see horsey may have a nice home soon. So sorry though that the horse lady is seeking a new home for her, it must be heartbreaking to give her up.

Photobucket

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent