DVD storage

May I ask for suggestions as to how to store dvd's please?

At the moment ours are jammed into an overfull tatty old cupboard

I feel inclined to chuck a lot of them, but I have already weeded them out & there are still loads

Anyone have them in drawers or anything?  I don't really want them on open shelves

Your experiences of the wretched things & suggestions welcome!!!!

*the things I think of when I can't sleep*

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

DVD storage

Hi Wizi,

The best solution I have found for long term storage, is using the 'spindle' cases (you can store up to 100 disks in one container).

They are available for purchase here, if you don't already have any.  Type in the search 'empty cd/dvd spindle' - these provide the smallest storage footprint.

An Alternative would be a wallet (search for cd/dvd wallet), although bulkier than the spindles, they provide a better search facility when trying to find that elusive disk that you just know you have somewhere 😉

Hope this helps.

Regards

brush

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

Wizi I assume they are in their boxes, sadly we are in the same position, my OH has hundreds of the darn things, they are in towers and on shelves, we also have them in folders, and I have been threatening to put them in his office if he doesn't have a thin out.

If you don't want to keep them in boxes then putting them in a CD/DVD holder is a great idea, my OH however wants to keep them in their boxes.

Do you have a deep drawer, maybe under the bed that you could put them in?

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

About 6 months ago I was looking for space and decided to do away with our cd tower. Nobody noticed!!!

I packed them all up into a nice sturdy office archive box and dumped them in the loft.  If anybody wants one we have a loft ladder and lighting so it's not too much effort for them. 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

Hi.A friend of mine Downloaded all his DVD's on to a

spare Computer which he connected to his Big Screen

TV.Obviously the Downloading would take some time

and  the Computer would need a high capacity Hard Drive.

He then gave the DVD's to the local charity shop.Woman Surprised

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

I have a couple of these - you can get them in different sizes and they are indexed, so really easy to find what you want.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

Ours are kept in sturdy cardboard boxes from the well known  swedish store  Smiley Wink

DVD storage

Ooh, thank you all

Guardpig - Lol, that's what Ive been wondering, whether anyone would notice in the end anyway Woman Very Happy

Lots of suggestions there - I hadn't thought of disposing of the boxes; it's a job & a half to keep the bleddy things in the right boxes anyway

I foresee some sort of indexing session comuing up, but I'll ruminate for a bit on all the ideas, Thank you all!! XXXX

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

DVD storage

Oops posted on wrong thread!

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent