Coconut....

anyone else having trouble getting hold of coconut? I can't get dessicated coconut anywhere around here, not even organic stuff.

wondering what's happened to it.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Coconut....

How funny you should say that nope not in our store or the other one in town but havent tried anywhere else yet I was going to make a coconut and pineapple upside down cake over the weekend
Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

wwooooo love the sound of that Ed.

Photobucket

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Yes it is lovely but not quite the same withoit coconut
Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

I'm on the Mr T's site at the moment and they have it. 200g for £1.

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Yes but in our shop there is just a big empty space. When I go in tomorrow I will ask because we haven't had any for days.
Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Ooooohhh i love Coconut,,,what about Sainsburies??.Woman Surprised

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Ah ha. Thanks for that. Could explain it.
Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

I saw some in Lidl yesterday.

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Buy yourself a

Then you off the chocolate....

and you are left with.....

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Right off to Lidl in the morning to buy up all they've got, then try to sell it and make my fortune. Anyone know of an online auction site I could use? 😉

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

I get it in those health food shops, seems the only place you can get it now.  I wish I'd known as

I was in Cambridge the other day and they have a wonderful stall in the market where you can

get coconut, amongst other things, and I'd have got you some.

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

aww thanks for thinking of me Fishy.. one of the girls in work is going to a really bit mr T's at the weekend and she said she'll look out for me.

We have rubbish service here for foodstuffs especially fruit and veg, it's very poor compared with other counties.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

But I just bought some today from Tesco.  I told you I was just doing my order when you asked last night capt.  it was on there so I got some just to see if it would arrive, and it did, no probs. Woman Happy

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Our local Mr T's had them tonight

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

Looks as if you'll have coconut coming out of your ears now Captain!  However, if ever you

need some again and can't get it, just ask and I'll get you some in the health food shop that I can't remember

the name of.

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

@captainbovine wrote:

aww thanks for thinking of me Fishy.. one of the girls in work is going to a really bit mr T's at the weekend and she said she'll look out for me.

We have rubbish service here for foodstuffs especially fruit and veg, it's very poor compared with other counties.

Mmmmm you still have not told us what your making with it CB????smily thinks.gif

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

it was a Manchester tart for OH. you take a plain pastry case, spread with raspberry jam, slice bananas on it, then cover in custard and sprinkle with coconut. Leave to set and slice and chomp...he loves it, and it is nice. but it wasn't the same without the coconut...

Photobucket

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

Coconut....

That sounds lovely CB, I asked in our store on Friday and apparantly it has been discontinued in our store, so I have asked son to try and get some from his.

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent