Cilla

Did anyone watch this last night? I did, thought it was a bit slow in places; not sure I'll be watching the other two episodes.

Message 1 of 41
See Most Recent
40 REPLIES 40

Cilla

I watched it & enjoyed it  , interesting seeing how they all got started 🙂

Cilla

Yes I watched.  I'd been looking forward to it.  I suppose it's gonna be a bit slow to stretch it over three hours. I'll be watching the next two, I think they'll be better, her rise to stardom, her babies being born (plus the little girl she lost)

and then how devastated she was when Bobby died.  I think I'll need my tissues out. 

Message 3 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I am recording it too watch on ironing days. So don't tell me what happens 😉
Message 4 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

Can't stand her so I didn't watch it. Three hours?! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I am not her biggest fan just thought it might be interesting.
Message 6 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I intended to watch it but went to bed early switched it on in the bedroom, next thing I knew it was morning!, oooops!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I'm not a big fan (of her voice anyway) but thought it would be a good drama and meant to record.  Didn't get home tho' till gone 8 and I forgot, darn.  Will try to watch the next 2.  It was always Dusty Springfield for me.

Now there's a voice and a story!  I adored her and play her CDs often.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 8 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

!!!!!!!!! Dusty was in a different class altogether--saw her first ever theatre performance ( Springfields) at the New Theatre -Oxford--so many years ago!

Re Cilla--thought Sheridan was extremely good !!

Message 9 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

What was she like Malc?  Oooh I'd love to have seen her, I was born out of my time I think (about 10 years too late).  I reckon she sings Cilla's songs better than Cilla!!!

Message 10 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I like Sheridan as well.
Message 11 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

Yes--great !! Saw her at Savoy Theatre in Legally Blonde--got her autograph afterwards--she was so nice to the fans--She aked me to take a pic of her with 2 girls and then gave me a big kiss for being so kind !!
Message 12 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

FABULOUS !! She was on a bill topped by Frankie Vaughan ( then my sisters favorite--she wanted to get his autograph on her petticoat but I wouldnt let her !! ) Saw Dusty again many years later--at the time she was heavily involved with Madeline Bell--they did several awesome duets together !! Happy days !!
Message 13 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

Lucky you Malc, happy days indeed Woman Happy  I admit to being pea green with envy, lol.

I've seen lots of people/bands, but now the only ones I'd pay to go and see are Clapton and Coldpl

Sting and Paul Simon are doing a tour together - love them both, enjoyed Paul Simon more, I think the man is a genius.  Anyway, it's next April (my birthday), so OH offers to buy us tickets. 

£140 a pop plus the booking fee.  I mean, come on, even Clapton was cheaper than that, so I said, no thanks, I'll wait for someone else.

Message 14 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

Saw Clapton years ago in Manchester--OMG --couldnt justify (or afford!!) £140 !!--did see loads big names when younger PLUS worked in motor trade and got loads of stars in with their cars--Cliff/David Essex/Rod Stewart /Elton John etc --a few that dont hear much about now--Susan Maughan/Anita Harris etc--one of the nicest was Paul Young--one of our stores staff stayed behind so he could collect parts and just said as long as it wasnt going to be too late as it was his wedding anniversary !! When PY appeared he had a big bouquet of flowers for my mates wife plus a bottle of champagne for them ---such a lovely gesture !!!

Message 15 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I think the same as Maggie about Cilla Black.  Whoever told her she could sing?  They must have been out of their tiny minds.

Message 16 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I rather liked her --bearing in mind that she was a "new style " singer way back when and made quite a hit on the teenage market
Message 17 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

@bitsnknots wrote:

I think the same as Maggie about Cilla Black.  Whoever told her she could sing?  They must have been out of their tiny minds.

I think that's a bit harsh, saying that anyone who likes her must have a tiny mind, just because you don't like her.

Message 18 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I watched it and enjoyed it, think it will get better as it goes on, p'ed off with adverts TBH, would be better recorded then you can skip them.

I love Sheridan great young actress, played a very good Ronnie Biggs wife.

I like looking at the wall paper and their clothes, my elder sister was Cilla's era and it takes me back to nicking her stockings and clonking round in her stilletto's when she was at work! lol. Love the Ford car too, or was it a Vauxhall, brilliant chrome on it.

Message 19 of 41
See Most Recent

Cilla

I bought her records as a young woman. I still have Anyone Who Has a Heart on a scratched 45 but am not keen on her now. She was of her time.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 41
See Most Recent