Busy little bees Sunday dinner.

Been busy doing stuff for MDCC today, and completely forgot tea, I am here on my own with the eldest dog, so I might just have beans on toast or soup, not worth cooking just for me.

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

just cooking a breast of chicken with mushrooms coated in garlic & herb philly in a foil parcel, roasties, baby carrots, spring greens (cooking extra to use for colcannon tomorrow), minted peas, a yorkie & gravy followed by the rest of the homemade strawberry mousse from yesterday

Photobucket
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Spag Bol I expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

We had pork steak with mixed veg and onion gravy for lunch.  For tea, we've just had turkey salad.  We'll having fresh fruit shortly.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Boiled egg and soldiers

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Cheese on toast

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

We always have a 'fry up' for Sunday tea.  I had loads of bacon, sausage, scrambled egg and hash browns.  He had one little crispy rasher (not worth the effort!!!), scrambled egg, cheese quiche and spaghetti.  Then he had the last piece of Marks's lemon tart.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

we've been in the garden all day, nearly forgot to do the lunch!!!

jacket spuddies, steak and kiddley pie, and cauliflower. Apple pie and cream for afters...I'm ready for my tea now though.

gardening makes you hungry!!

Photobucket

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Roast topside of beef, roasties,punch mipe, broad beans, carrots, yorkies and gravy

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

In the Garden, you haven't had the rain then?

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Punch Mipe??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

@ilove2patch wrote:

Punch Mipe??????

Mashed potato,swede and turnip

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Do you know I didn't even read that, that's good I will have to use that one, all mashed together I assume,  I do one with potatoes, sweede and carrot don't have a name for it though.  Is that Welsh?

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Yes an old welsh recipe that is usually called ponch mipe but over time has somehow been amended to punchmipe as the English variant.

Good dose of butter and dash of cream to bring it together as long as you're not on a diet otherwise just a good twist of pepper and elbow grease for mashing it all up

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Sounds lovely,

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Any leftovers get made into patties and fried off the next day a lillte like bubble'n'squeak

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

yes Ed, we've had lovely weather, lovely day altogether.

punch mipe...hhhhmmmm good fa*ting tackle I think, ....swede AND turnipsuprised 2 smiley.gif

what's the name of that other dish, with the broad beans and new potatoe..a friend of mine in work makes it for her husband.....

Photobucket

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Chicken Hotpot i think???. With Green Beans. My memory is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent