Breakfast Biscuits?

Those Breakfast Biscuits, usually in packs of two and five packs in a box.  In various flavours, some made with oats and a yogurt centre with apricot etc.

Could someone with perhaps some nutrional knowledge advise whether these Breakfast Biscuits really are a healthy alternative, even as a quick snack when peckish, or are they really just a biscuit, like any other biscuit and not much different?

Thanks,

amethyst

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Breakfast Biscuits?

I have no idea, sorry... But, I do know this, they do not fill me up til lunch! Lol....
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

You need to check out the sugar and fat content the calories they quote are usually for only one bar, ie "only 100 calories but if you have the 2 bars thats 200 calories might as well have a chocolate bar wink wink.  Some are really nice and some are like eating sawdust.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

I love them, especially the Yogurt filled ones, but they are quite high in calories;  as Ed said, might as well have some choccie and enyjoy it more. Smiley Happy I've just had a Magnum, the champagne one; gorgeous!

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

I loved the champagne one Carol, it's the only thing I've broken my diet for since the middle of January

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

they don't fill me up either, but OH just eats them like an ordinary biscuit if we run out of his favourite bourbons (bleurgh...horrible things)

I'm not keen on them really,

Photobucket

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

Mmmmm i like the biscuits as a snack. I like the plain Apple and Cinnamon,, they are four in a small packet (cant think what make now). Ive tried the Yoghurt filled ones and their lovely too. They will be coming out in all flavours!!!. I also LOVE the Quaker Morning Oat Bar,,, it tastes quite sweet though, but thats why i like them.Woman Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

Thanks folks for all the input. 

(Not yet seen the Apple & Cinnamon ... Mmmmm.....)  Also, will try the Magnum Champagne - double Mmmmm!

However, these 'Breakfast Biscuits' do sound like any other tasty biscuit, but with a fancy, healthy sounding name, and cost twice as much too!!

amethyst

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

Thay are called ON the GO Biscuits or something in a Brownish Pack,, you can buy single ones with four biccies in. They Are YUMMY. COOOOOOR Carol Magnums are ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!. I do like the White Chocolate ones too.Woman Happy

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Breakfast Biscuits?

iceland have them at 3  for 1.50  Gina

sorry for temptation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent