Bissell Vac & Steam Cleaner

Just seen this advertised on TV and wondered if anyone had bought/tried one? Some reviews have said it is quite heavy to push, so not sure it would be any good for me with a hernia. Looks a good idea though. Would welcome any comments. Would I maybe be better with just my vacuum cleaner and a seperate steam cleaner?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Oops sorry Gremlins!

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

You don't seem to have got many answers! Can you go to your local supplier & try one for weight etc, it seems a shame too lose out .
What sort of vac do you use as I wouldn't have thought the steam & clean would be as heavy as most vacs?

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Carol I have a Vax carpet washer and it is heavy, it is not too bad if you are just doing a quick job but if you want to do a whole carpet it can be back breaking work.  I have a seperate steamer for hard floors and that is brilliant. but it doesn't clean carpets only refreshes them, with 2 dirty dogs and 2 men in the house I need a washer as well.  I also have 2 vaccum cleaners, one upstairs and one downstairs.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

No, I'm disappointed by the response, Sam. Could go into Argos and ask if I could lift it to see how heavy it is, although not sure that's a good indicator really as different floor surfaces can affect how easy these things are to push. My vac is a Vax and thats quite heavy so usually get O/H to do the vacuuming. I missed out on the special offer on the shopping channel as it was only valid for an hour; will have to see if it comes on offer again. Thanks anyway Woman Happy

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Thanks, Ed. Think I need to do a bit more research into this by the sound of it.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Carol if you have a bit of time I think there was a thread a few weeks back, if you want to have a scroll back through, I will have a look in a minte see if I can find it.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes, I thought there was, Ed, but I couldn't find it. Will have another look.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I have a Hoover Pro clean ..... I like it ..... it does a brilliant job but it is very heavy

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent