Bad Eggs

in all the years I've been married....38 I've never seen a bad egg...until today. OMG I cracked one into 3 other eggs I'd done to make scrambled eggs, oh the smell! a big green blob fell out of the shell with a load of water.

my word, don't want to have another one of those again. Time to start cracking eggs one at a time into a glass I think.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Bad Eggs

That sound awful.  One way of checking if an egg is off or not is to put it into a bowl of water, if it floats, the egg is off, it will float.  If it's good, it will go to the bottom.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

Yeugh CB...I'd have been sick Woman Frustrated

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

I had an egg once that I was struggling to break. On closer inspection I realised it was black inside and the membrane was luckily very tough!! Only time I've had one that bad but another time, my o/h was helping me in the kitchen and broke an egg into some cake mix. Immediate yucky, fishy smell and one binned cake mix Woman Sad

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

Thankfully I have never had one. Phew I bet you had the windows open for a while.
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

there is nothing to compare the smell to .it is awefull.i use to work on chicken farms and if they buried the eggs in the litter on the floor and them weeks later you either stood on it or collected it with the other eggs and then they pop.it is horrendous....never had one at home though.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

yes, it was most unusual, never again I say!!!

OH has gone off eggs, I love 'em go through loads of them, especially with cake making.

note to self....remember to crack eggs one at a time into a cup!!!!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

Only good eggs on these boards.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Bad Eggs

I also had one egg that was bad. That was about 3 years ago. I have never ever forgotten the smell, and neither has my nose. Woman Frustrated

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent