Are you a collector or a minimalist?

Me definitely a collector,
Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

i was going to say collector

but i think i just cant bear to part with some things  (or messy)

maybe its my upbringing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

Collector--but more correctly HOARDER !!

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

I don't really know what I'd class myself as.  I used to collect clowns but I got rid of the majority of them a while since.  My mum doesn't like to throw things out because 'you neve know when we'll need it'.  The thing is, we very rarely do need what she's saved.

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

That was the word I was going to use but thought I might be bleeped. Ha ha ha
Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

@silvermalc wrote:

Collector--but more correctly HOARDER !!

lol

i bet many say that

i will say that i keep boxes things come in, just in case they need returning 

whereas OH would rather throw them in the recycling

a neighbour is the same only its the man that keeps boxes  not the woman

my mum and i between ourselves have been mailing and getting returned a hairdryer box  from 5 yr ago as its a sturdy one and still has life on it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

Hello

Neither !!! Woman Wink

I just love quality & unusual items that I can either wear for a very long time or have around the house rather than collecting for the sake of it ( no malice intended ) to anyone either !!!

I do not like to have one of the same item in replicas hence my response & only have what I need really Woman Wink

One of my sister used to collect ducks & I used to laugh as she had so many of them & her cat on more than  few occasions knocked some over & they broke & everywhere I turned I has a duck staring at me !!! = she was not really impressed so she stopped collecting them Woman LOL

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

My OH does the boxes thing Aaaarrrrggghh drives me nuts and he keeps things like motors from lawn mowers that don't work, because they might come in handy....... BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.
Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

I collect china for my dinner service, but don't do clutter, if an item hasn't been used or admired in 12 months then it goes. OH would keep things forever.

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

We save boxes that things come in for a little while just in case an item doesn't work properly.  Once we know that the item is in good working order, we'll then put the box out for recycling.  I bet our council loved me on Tuesday when they came for the recycled stuff.  They had the cardboard that my new bed came in.  

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

Hello

he keeps things like motors from lawn mowers that don't work, because they might come in handy....... BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

In his mind he thinks that they will work one day & might be useful = good to hope & dream or perhaps he will build another one using all the bits that he has collected !!!?? Woman Very Happy

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

I'm a hoarder, but with a 1-bed flat, so everything's piled up around the rooms.  You can hardly move.  I so want to be minimalist but can't bear to get rid of things that I've paid good money for.  However I've recently turned over a new leaf and decided that when I die, some poor cod has to come in and they will find unused best china and linen, and unworn best shoes - so now it's "cod best, let's use it all up now!".  So out of the cupboard with the best clothes, shoes and household, and before I shuffle off this mortal coil I hope to have worn them all out.

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi Mouse--same as me except I havent yet turned the leaf !!Smiley Embarassed

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

A collector and a hoarder too .....

Luckily our house has 3 large lofts so there is plenty of room to store stuff ......although I am always promising myself to have a good clear out ........

I definitely have too many things ....just wish I could go all minimal ....maybe when we downsize ....
Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

ROFL !!!

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:
My OH does the boxes thing Aaaarrrrggghh drives me nuts and he keeps things like motors from lawn mowers that don't work, because they might come in handy....... BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

I think we're married to the same man Ed Smiley LOL

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Yea yea yea. When we moved here we had 3 more rooms and it was brilliant no clutter, everything spread out lovely, took about 2 years to fill it up.
Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

I collect beswick and royal doulton Beatrix Potter figures ......................... Smiley Very Happy

but I hoard Geoffrey's Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

Why did I think that you would hoard Geoffrey's Stan?  And why not?

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

It's S who say's I hoard ........................ I call it adoption

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent