Any doll experts on here?

Anyone know anything about dolls? My aunt passed this down to me & I would like to know something about it. I think she dressed her as a bride. She must be 50 years old at least. There is a mark on the back but it's unreadable. She is 17" tall. Her feet are shaped for high heels.

doll 001.JPG

doll 002.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

oooh doesn't look like anyone knows does it Maggie.

it's a bit spooky if you don't mind me saying so, I don't like dolls very much.

bump just in case someones missed this....

Photobucket

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Had lot's of help on Facebook. Wonderful place for information.:) She is a 1950's Miss Revlon Doll.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Sorry Maggie can't help but one of the doll collectors sites on F/Book will be able to I'm sure

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

I'm with you CB bit spooky looking . My mum has some of the baby dolls that breath. Euw dont like em

Glad you found out what she was though Maggie.
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Sorry! I'm a Teddy bear lover, I've never liked dolls , the eyes even now give me the creeps, & those that breathe really freak me out along with the clown dolls. But I'm glad you've been able to identify her.. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

I thought shes  a Miss Revlon doll as soon as i saw her on FB .  Its the fact you said she had shaped feet & was 17 ins tall as that fits a Miss revlon exactly .    Teenage dolls as they were called came in all shapes & sizes the most well known are proberly Sindy & tTessy but they are shorter in height 🙂

Someone in the doll group I have joined thinks she is something else. We will see! lol

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Whatever type she turns out to i hope shes worth a lot of pennies 😄

No time to research it at the moment. I hope she is too.:)

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Good luck with the doll Maggie.  Must admit that I'm not a lover of dolls.  Some of the antique dolls I think can be quite scary.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

I agree Chris. I am planning on selling her once I have more information.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent