Another time waster - why do I get them - Doh!

Back on the 24th. of last month - God knows how many days that is, some girl won a pair of really nice adt deco cards secured by a clipboard - Clip art, I think it's called.  After the standard invoice, when a week transpired with still no money, she said "Iorry, I've been the victim of card fraud - I'll pay you in a week."  Strange how she never said that in the first instance.  Ilike a fool I bought it .  Another week came and weny.  By now I'm beginning to get agitated.  I gave it a week and three days.  Sent her a shot across her bows becuase of unanswered emails.  "Definitely Friday."  (Today)  Surprise, surprise - no payment on her side and no communication from me either.  Time plus extra time is over.  On Monday I will be contacting the arbitration people - resolutions ttelling them that  am retracting the sale, and can I have credit for a sale the the buyer failed to complete.  In other words, even if she offers, I will not accept payment.

I don't suffer fools gladly, and in this case, I'm the one  who has been made a fool of, and that is something I don't like!  Why come out with a load of old flannel about card theft.  It's made me look a fool, not her.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

I would have opened a dispute long before now.  Go one Fred, I dare you.  Open a dispute with her.

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

If I open a dispute with her, it will be as If I want the money.  I don't want the money - I want to withdraw the sale on the grounds of non-payment, so I can relist it.  She's a straight time waster.  I don't want her.  I just want her name on my B/B list.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

So you don't want your FVF's back then?  The sooner non-payers get the required number of unpaid item strikes and hence, are removed from eBay, the better.

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

if you cancel or retract then you won't get your fees back & if she does decide to pay she can report you as a 'non performing seller' & leave bad feedback. Far better all round to go along the proper non-payment route so that she recieves a strike on her account. Two of those & she won't be able to bid on the goods of those who have thier restrictions set properly.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Totally agree Gina , I only give buyers 5 days to make payment ( much more than the allotted time ) which is quite clear in my listings then report as non payers and add to my BB list

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

It wasnt me Fred, honest

Photobucket
Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

As you say, why should I pick up the bad marks for a time waster?  I just want her on my B/B list as soon as possible.  I will not be communicating with her any more - I'll just open a straight non-payment case against her - possible bringing it forward to Sunday, but I will NOT be warning her.  Ironically I read her feedback and it's all positive.  On reflection I don't believe a word of this card fraud sob storyI think it's a load of *bleep* and she's been stringing me along for a sucker.

At what stage can I B/B her?

Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Frederick, the buyers feedback will be positive as sellers can only leave positive feedback.  It's against eBay rules to leave positive feedback with a negative comment.

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Unpaid Item Dispute

If your buyer doesn’t pay you can open an ‘unpaid item dispute’ after 2 days or up to day 32.

You can close the dispute after 4 days from opening if they still haven’t paid. You have to close before the end of day 36 otherwise the dispute will time-out in the buyers favour.

The non-payer  will get a strike on their account and you will get your selling fees back and can now relist your item if you wish or make a second chance offer to the under bidder.

Non-payers will not be able to leave you any feedback once the dispute has closed.

If they do pay after the dispute has been opened, the case will close automatically and you should then progress as a normal sale and post your item.

Add them to your blocked bidders list now and set your buyer requirements to block other buyers with 2 or more unpaid item dispute recorded against them in the past 12 months.

Click on the links for details:

Resolution Centre:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Blocked Bidders list:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=uk%601d72f%2Bkw5svoc%7Ed2

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

Click the link below and set your Buyers Requirements:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

I have just read this girl's positive feedback for a string of items given from satisfied customers from the 24th. of last month right up until the day before yesterday, so where does this "card fraud" come into it?.  She's obviously been stringing me along as a sucker, so I've sent her an email telling her whether she chooses to retract her bid via paypal or pay me is of no concern to me because regardless of any explanation she wishes to offer up, the matter will be reported first thing Monday morning i.e. non-payment case, and she will be put on my B/B list.  In short, I'm nobody's fool.Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

It's business, it takes all sorts.

In the last month we have had 1 non payer - done and dusted through Ebay, 1 duplicate order because Ebay glitched on him and he is newish - all sorted, 1 probable non payer who has just had a polite email asking clarification.  A non payer isn't a crisis - there are ways to get your fees back. Stay cool.

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

This is totally brazen.  No correspondence or defence at having been caught with egg on her mouth.  Totally ignoring me as though I don't exist.  Like I said - taking out an unpaid case against her first thing tomorrow.  I never go back on my word.  She's ruined it for other late payers, because I'm going to think:  "Is this person stringing me along, too?"  Not too worried about it.  I just put it down to experience - Kismet - fate.  That's the way it goes.

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

And there is me feeling guilty if I miss the end of an auction and dont pay until the next day

Photobucket
Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

This is her second day of doing nothing..She can't get away with is, can she?  I mean, it's there in black and white.  This is my sixth case - the other on'e I won hands down, and this has got to be going the same way.  No apology or excuse - nothing at all..  Unless sshe pays for it in the closing seconds, they'll have no option but to return my fee and allow me to relist.  I'd put in capital letters "Timewaster forces resale" but I don't want to appear bitter.  I've seen other people write the same message, but it seems superfluous and maade me smile.

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

There will always be the odd few who buy and dont pay... just go through the unpaid item process and then move on!

No drama!

If by any slim chance you are paid.. send tracked.

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

send tracked?  Yeah, via the Mafia!

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes, tracked, then there is no possibility of a " non received item" and thus, refund...!
Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

I'm no newby when it comes to blocked bidders over the eight years - just under, I've been on the net, I've picked up twelve B/B'ers.

Somebody I knew went further and when they advertised something for sale, sent them an email saying how tempted he was to bid on this item until he saw their name highlited in red and then checked.  "Ah yes, Here's the reason you're on my B/B list..."  NastySmiley LOL

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent