Another time waster - why do I get them - Doh!

Back on the 24th. of last month - God knows how many days that is, some girl won a pair of really nice adt deco cards secured by a clipboard - Clip art, I think it's called.  After the standard invoice, when a week transpired with still no money, she said "Iorry, I've been the victim of card fraud - I'll pay you in a week."  Strange how she never said that in the first instance.  Ilike a fool I bought it .  Another week came and weny.  By now I'm beginning to get agitated.  I gave it a week and three days.  Sent her a shot across her bows becuase of unanswered emails.  "Definitely Friday."  (Today)  Surprise, surprise - no payment on her side and no communication from me either.  Time plus extra time is over.  On Monday I will be contacting the arbitration people - resolutions ttelling them that  am retracting the sale, and can I have credit for a sale the the buyer failed to complete.  In other words, even if she offers, I will not accept payment.

I don't suffer fools gladly, and in this case, I'm the one  who has been made a fool of, and that is something I don't like!  Why come out with a load of old flannel about card theft.  It's made me look a fool, not her.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Another time waster - why do I get them - Doh!

I have had my fair share too, having been on ebay for over 11 years ( this is only my posting id)...
Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to nick your thread Fred - but Leo's right - just let it go over your head.

Leo - I love that 'no drama' and the ads too - it's too bad they're for booze.  I'm gonna make one of those bats for when my hubby starts about the stock market and investment trusts and................... yawn, lol.  I can even do the accent!

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

Just checked up with Resolutions.  Finishes tomorrow.  As soon as I close the case I'll get my fees refunded within 24 hours and will then be free to relist - I should have been a lawyer - six cases, six winsSmiley LOL

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry Fred but in my experience the buyer usually pays up with 10 minutes to go.  Watch out if they do, send the item signed for so they can't say they didn't get it and take a case out on you to claim their money back.

Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

Got my money back officially.  EBay confirm she has been given an official strike preventing her fom paying me and I'm free to relist should I so wish.  Been refunded a phenominal 78p.  Strangely it gives me no real sense of satisfaction, sufficient only to know that the case has finally come to a close.  Wasn't prepare to waste any more time from the 24th of last month till now is just too long - as I said earlier, I'm nobody's fool.  

And my true feelinggs on this matter?  Cover your ears.

GRRRRR!!!! Smiley Mad

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

hello y  ;did you like me '

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

you are not in love yet

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

i am not my money back

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

ok what was it;

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent