Alendrinic acid

any-one on it?is it worth the hassle

about a year ago i damaged my back lifting a childs motorbike (seat came off as i lifted it and i twisted)i finally mentioned it to Dr that i was only able to stand for about 5 min and walking getting worse(am already registered disabled) was it my disability getting worse or could it be my back x-ray has shows i have a collapsed disc and arthyritus

shes put me on above tablet , vit d and calcium

this tablet is only once a week but no food or mediication before and for at least 30 min after 1/2 to a pint of liquid to be taken with it and the cruncher walk,stand or sit upright for 1/2 hour after it

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Alendrinic acid

Fiona do you have Osteoporosis?  I think my mother took this a while back but stopped because of the side effects, it was as a prevention medication, but it didn't mix with her other pills and potions.  I have three different pills for varying degrees of pain for my back, not to be taken together just depending on how much the b***er hurts.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Alendrinic acid

yes x=ray showed that as well
i;m on co-codramol and gabapentin also tramadol but don't take that too oftendr. thinks this is what's been masking my pain
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Alendrinic acid

If you are on Alendronic Acid then you will need to have a word with your GP to get Ad-Cal as well as it is a calcium supplement which will help your bones to repair themselves.

Please bear in mind that Alendronic should only be used for a maximum of 5 years otherwise it can cause 'brittle bone' syndrome.

Mine is for oestoporosis and scoliosis.

Had a major op 4 years ago to rebuild my spine which meant 3 weeks in RNOH Stanmore and a total of 14 hours under the knife in two stages.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent