100 listings free and now 20, cheated

,does anyone else feel cheated by ebay??????

you was getting 100 free listings, your only getting 20 now and paying 35p

shop listings was getting 200 free and now 100 free shop and auction.

so why should we bother to list anything in auction, it did cost 20p for my shop and now 35p, it was 100 free listings in auction and now cost 35p, so wherer is that helping, oh we give you a reduction in fvf from 10% to 8% wow still not saving are we.

BYE BYE AUCTION

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

As a private seller I do not feel cheated at all.

I am happy with the changes as I never listed items at 99p . The new 20 free listings at any price including BINs at a time of my choosing is great for me ......very welcome change.

Of course those sellers who did list at 99p are not happy about it but in fairness they have had the benefit of that particular promotion for a very long time . A new group of private sellers are benefitting from the new promotion.

Some of the sellers who are complaining the most are in fact unregistered business sellers who were not really entitled to the free listings ...

Nothing stays the same forever.....things have changed and some people do not like it but others do ...its the way it is...
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Do please show me this "New Group of private sellers"

Im dying to join your party of success... 

Or is it always me, me, me.

Get real....................

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Don't start me off on that subject again!  Since this fantastic "free lunch" sweetener by ebay, in three weeks I have sold two items for small change, and no watchers on anything.  Ebay have very much shot themselves in the foot on this one.  it has done some good though.  Where as before, because the listings were only 15p per item I advertised anything and everything, averaging out at between sixty and seventy items - my eBay bill averaged out at somewhere around £25.00pcm,  it's now going to cost me about £3.00 and not even that when I pull out altogether.  The items I've got up for sale get relisted free f charge for three weeks.  As soon as it getscharged at 35p per item I'll just withdraw it.  As I said, with no watchers I can't even be bothered taking it up to twenty item - it's about sixteen at the moment.  Ebay aren't worried about losing the likes of you or I - we're just fodderThey're only interested in big business like car dealers.  I hope you put your money where your mouth is, because in my case, my word is my bond.  Ebay, you have been warned.

The big difference is unlike those running a shop, people on this board know I don't spout hot air - if I say I'm going to pull out, I will - my word is my bond.  I'll still be on the discussion board, but that's all.

Try A****n - it could be benefitial.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

No it not always me, me , me........but in this instance the change does benefit me and many others...

However it is a fact that not all sellers sold items at 99p .......a huge group of sellers never did so...

Many private sellers who have been members for many many years are now being given an opportunity to list their items for free on a basis of their own choosing ...

It is hard not to be sympathetic towards those genuine private sellers who have been selling off their own private collections of low value items such as postcards, stamps , magazines etc but as stated they have benefitted from that particular promotion for a very long time . It was good whist it lasted....

The reality is that eBay has changed the promotion ....not everyone is happy about it but in reality some sellers are ......
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

I am happy! Suits me fine. thConnie_cleaning-glasses.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Sorry but I am not in the "ME" gang,

Never want or will be,

I wish you the best,

But my dear your words may come back to haunt you.....

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

I'm really pleased with the 20. I never used the 99p ones as I did not want to sell for that price if there was only one bid. I am very happy that I can now set the price I want and do a BIN for 30 days for free. With the free auto relists that is 4 months listing for free. It's great.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I am happy as I only list once a month if that, I like BIN so this way it doesn't cost me anything to list,  I am not trying to make a living as I just sell to get some money to buy something else. As a small seller, to sell things for 99p and then pay FVF on total I would only make a few pence so it wouldn't be worth while.

I suppose it is different if you are doing it for a living, but then that would be a business wouldn't it and the structure for that is different isn't it.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

I only ever listed on Free Listing Promotions but now I can have 20 Free Listing each month.

This new system is good for me but I can see that it won't suit everyone.

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

I'm with millie. I'm an occasional private seller, but most of the things I want to sell I don't want to start at 99p. We used to wait for the free listing days, but that wasn't always convenient and some stuff just went on freecycle because we CBA to wait and it wasn't worth selling at 99p.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

By invitation 

100 free lists 14 & 15 th

pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/1680/

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent