0/10 for communication.

A buyer won a couple of items from me six days ago and still has not communicated with me, let alone paid.  I've sent them a polite reminder but receievd no response.  If somebody replies and says Hi, I'm having cash fow problems at the moment, can you wait until I get paid?  No problems, but to totally ignore a seller's email is, I find, the height of rudeness, and puts my nose right out of joint.  After a week I fire a warning shot across their bows.  If they still don't respond, I don't waste any more time.  I just open a non-payment case against the which, of course, takes even longer because eBay, bless them, will then communicate with them on my behalf, of which they allow another four days grace.  By the time you are able to relist, three weeks have transpired.  I then write the time waster a polite and final email telling them that not only have they picked up an unneccessary black mark, they have been added to my list of blocked bidders, which I most definitely do - permanently.  I don't talk - I do.  There is no excuse for arrogance.  I then go into their feedback and find it is peppered with unfavourable comments - pointless, because any comment is picked up as favourable feedback which is rubbish.  I then normally become that person's personal Flying Dutchman, communicating with other people wronged by the time waster telling them to "join the club", and to B/B them as well.  Spiteful?  Maybe, but I don't suffer a fool gladly, especially when I am the recipient! Smiley Mad

I think it's high time eBay brought out a rogue's gallery!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

0/10 for communication.

Freerick, you don't *have* to wait three weeks - you can open up a UPI from 48 hours, you know!  It's nice that you give them plenty of opportunities, but some people are clearly not going to pay - I resend an invoice at 48 hours, and open a UPI after 96 if there's been no communication: that still gives them plenty of time to pay and avoid a strike.  

(This strategy was after a buyer ignored me, then responded after a week to say she'd pay on Friday - which came and went, so a week that Friday, I opened a case: she managed to get out form under the heavy object that had her pinned down and unable to reach a communications device to ask me to close the case and she'd pay Monday.  Not a chance!  She eventually paid about ten minutes before I could close the case - which was over three weeks since she'd won the autcion.  BBL - and never again!)

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

0/10 for communication.

There will always be a rogue buyer now and then... but as above.. you dont have to wait that long ..

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

0/10 for communication.

Anyhoooo, I thought you were going to scale down your selling?
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

0/10 for communication.

Won't matter as you've said you're not selling anymore
Photobucket
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

0/10 for communication.

Frederick, if you want buyers to pay up within a certain time you need to make that clear on your TOS. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent