ebay on my computer keeps crashing why ?

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Provide a great deal more information and somebody might be able to assist.

One-liners with no accompanying text don't even allow an educated guess - sorry!

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

1. What version of Windows? XP? Vista? Win7? Win8?
  2. Are you using Turbolister? 
  3. If not Turbolister what browser are you using? IE? Firefox? Chrome?
  4. At what point does it crash?
  5. What happens when it crashes?
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Happens to me too.

I've worked out it's the advertising ebay load when you open a page.

It's particularly bad in "My Ebay" where the adverts are most prolific.

Unfortunately the only way to avoid it is to wait patiently until the adverts you don't want to see have been fully loaded (the page is programmed to work that way so that you can't skip them) and then your page will be freed up for you to look at what you want.

Irritating isn't itMan Happy

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Blocking advertisements certainly seems to improve the eBay "experience" substantially - improved page loading is one of the benefits.

Annoying for people who don't want to block ads, though.

The opening poster's still given no further information to help people try to guess what might be wrong, which is shame. I'm no expert, but there seem to be all sorts of things that can cause poor page loading and even browser crashes.

I wonder whether blocking/disabling Flash Player might be a useful diagnostic move. Firefox now asks whether it can allow Flash Player when I log into eBay (it's set to check every time Flash tries to load) - no  idea what they're using it for, but it's probably not impossible that Flash might be contributing to the opening poster's bothers. I recently had a problem with Flash causing strange behaviour on a site I use a fair amount (and crashing itself at times) - reinstalling it helped a little.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I get this every so often...  

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.co.uk/myb/Summary?" on this server.

Reference #18.373b3717.1518777786.d2ab147

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

when I go on to eBay to get my self an item it crashes every 10 seconds
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Yeah you need to expand the information a little bit. We have no idea what and how it went wrong. You need to be more specific here. For example when I am writing these guys at Rocketpayzz I write them about all the things that I want them to fix or change. It would help if you'd done the same.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

every time i go to my ebay it crashes and gives the meesage, sorry its not you its us and the directs me to the ebay page for u,s

very annouying as everything then is in dollars,

so you have to go through the whole process again and eventually it comes to the u,k page

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent